Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS Visor Hat

Article about: Good evening everyone, I have what may be a reproduction SS Visor Hat. However, I need some help to ensure that this is a repro before I move forward by keeping it in my collection or sellin

Quote by Arran View Post
    I like what I see- particularly the very seldom encountered white forehead sponge, but way closer pics are still needed, to include the stitching of the sweatband, where the chinstrap buttons attach etc.
    I agree with my colleague. The textile is also the melton wool, which I associate with caps prior to late 1935, when the Trikotage became the norm.

If Arran or I had it in hand, we could tell you straight away.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Visor Hat
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

What a great learning experience. Thanks guys!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'll post additional pics. If authentic, what would something like this be valued at?

I think the cap is authentic, but, you must understand these facts: only a tiny circle of experts can actually tell your cap is real. This tiny circle is here on this site.
    The cap has no insignia, and it needs, I think, the neusilber badges ca. 1935 or 1936 or so. Moreover, the collector group think dictates that the cap only have
    the RZM/SS marks. This heavily marked cap is the norm, and the latter command high prices or not. Ergo, your piece cannot command the price of the heavily marked item, and I cannot specify a figure, since the range of prices is wide.

I own more than one of these caps, but I am not a player in the market.

SS Visor HatSS Visor HatSS Visor HatSS Visor HatSS Visor HatYou need these badges.

SS Visor HatSS Visor HatSS Visor HatSS Visor HatSS Visor HatSS Visor HatSS Visor HatSS Visor HatWhen I say "heavily marked," I mean this sort of thing.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-19-2016 at 09:45 PM.

?

I think the cap is authentic too. As F-B states, there will be many who disagree with us simply because of its deviation from the norm, so this will impact its value. It deserves to have its insignia restored, and to be appreciated for the rarity that it is...

I have yet to have seen a black SS cap with a royal blue lining in it. This cap would not be for my collection-it would be a constant argument and defensive explanation.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

SS Visor HatSS Visor Hat
    Quote by Arran View Post
    I think the cap is authentic too. As F-B states, there will be many who disagree with us simply because of its deviation from the norm, so this will impact its value. It deserves to have its insignia restored, and to be appreciated for the rarity that it is...
    I salute my colleague. One thing you might look for in your blue lining is some evidence of a removed RZM tag, as I enclose it here.

In this kind of tag, the person could put their name, and this fact often led them to remove the whole tag as part of denazification.

When I lived in the FRG in the 1970s and again in the 1980s, I saw many SS caps without badges, and with all signs of ownership
    erased.....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-23-2016 at 05:52 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast