MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

SS-VT arm Eagle and Bahnschutzpolizei arm Eagle confusion

Article about: First I am new on your Forum, so hello to everyone. My name is from old time uniform making : Brandeburg are the cord which replace/serve as buttonhole to close jacket. This thread is to hel

11C
    ?

Send me the link Raymond and I'll reply to your concerns. It is a standard RZM SS sleeve eagle as I see it..?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-VT  arm Eagle and Bahnschutzpolizei arm Eagle  confusion
    P
    Many

11C
    ?

I didn't delete any photos.........

Pick out the one you want to discuss.SS-VT  arm Eagle and Bahnschutzpolizei arm Eagle  confusion

11C
    ?

Here is another Reichsbahn eagle ...........but I didn't post it.SS-VT  arm Eagle and Bahnschutzpolizei arm Eagle  confusion

Ah well, and here was me thinking it was going to an interesting thread with information and material posted to discuss the introduction and form of the arm eagle for the SS-VT.

?

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Ah well, and here was me thinking it was going to an interesting thread with information and material posted to discuss the introduction and form of the arm eagle for the SS-VT.
    D'alquen, it would be great if you took this thread in that direction!

Arran,
    I rather believe I have already tried to take the thread in that direction three times by posting a detail of one of the first period photographs taken of the SS-VT eagles, an example of that style of Party eagle being worn prior to its introduction for the SS and a requested image of the grey tunic prior to 1935.
    As far as I can tell, all those efforts have elicited is a series of pictures of riker mounts and some unrelated eagles.
    I could keep providing material from my document and photo files in the absence of any other contributions but it feels as if the dialogue is focused elsewhere.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-VT  arm Eagle and Bahnschutzpolizei arm Eagle  confusion  

?

I am grateful for your efforts in that direction! The issue of these early eagles is certainly one that needs to be clarified once and for all. I would invite other members to post any surviving specimens they feel conform to the pattern as seen in early LAH photos. I've owned one bullion officers' eagle of this pattern, and if I can dig up a pic I'll post it to this thread...

Quote by 11C View Post
    Here is another Reichsbahn eagle ...........but I didn't post it
    The eagle from post 33 is indeed a Reichsbahn eagle. Introduced in later
    September 1944. The shown wing however does not belong to this eagle.
    The late 1944 wing is different.

SS-VT  arm Eagle and Bahnschutzpolizei arm Eagle  confusion

Further I checked a number of photographs where the arm eagle is being worn
    by Bahnschutzpolizei. When enlarging the photos it seems to be obvious that
    the head for this eagle looks to its right wing (so from the viewer the head is
    too the left). As such such eagles are shown in the Uniformen-Markt nr. 8 from
    April 15, 1941, as well as with the Schwert u. Spaten, nr. 4 from April 1941.
    Official plates from the official DRB-sources. This is according to the stand as
    ordered by Hitler: state.
    It all is difficult to see due to the smal head of the eagle.

I do not have photos from early SS-VT with an arm eagle. But the letter from
    d'alquen from the earlier post tells us exactly about the Hitler decision for political
    organizations. The discussion for the stand of the eagle - left or right - took for
    over a year or about.

- - ------- - -
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 11-28-2017 at 10:35 AM.

I didn't want to chime in on this till I could hopefully add something constructive.

The eagle pictured came from a small sack purchased from a semi-collector fresh back from Germany who knew what he had – but didn't know what he had – in the early 70's that had nothing in it but SS insignia. He said they all came from the same spot. They were all genuine and included:

1. A . bullion Germania CT with silk tags, a bullion 1 CK, a bullion 4 CK, a bullion 1 CK with blue borders and a blank CT with green borders. There was another with red borders that I sold long ago.
    2. There were 3 bullion TK tabs, one with candy-cane piping, a SS 2 tab with candy-cane piping.
    3. 3 woven EM TK tabs one of which I traded off.
    4. 2 “old” Alg. EM shoulder-boards (black and white – (not black and silver) and 1 new EM (black and silver},
    1 officer (silver), 2 Germania (with metal cyphers) shoulder-boards.
    4. small clutch of loose black/silver piping.
    5 . This eagle, which I have always thought that due to being found with the rest of the materials - found in-situ - was an early VT variety. I personally feel that eagles with turn ups in the tips of the wings or that have tiny 'kicks-ups' at the top third of the wings away from the head or don't have totally horizontal top wings were not early VT.
    6. With the exception of some black and gray threading differences this eagle looks identical to the middle eagle posted in the center of post #23.
    7. This eagle has never been posted on the net till today

If this helps, then great, it it doesn't, I apologize.

JoeSS-VT  arm Eagle and Bahnschutzpolizei arm Eagle  confusionSS-VT  arm Eagle and Bahnschutzpolizei arm Eagle  confusionSS-VT  arm Eagle and Bahnschutzpolizei arm Eagle  confusionSS-VT  arm Eagle and Bahnschutzpolizei arm Eagle  confusion
    Last edited by texasuberalles; 11-29-2017 at 04:22 AM.

?

I for one appreciate all in this thread and the directions it has gone, although some what off topic for a minute, it's all good reading. I do have one of these eagles (not bullion) I will post. Big thanks to all the contributors, very interesting thread - Thank You!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast