Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

SS-VT arm Eagle and Bahnschutzpolizei arm Eagle confusion

Article about: First I am new on your Forum, so hello to everyone. My name is from old time uniform making : Brandeburg are the cord which replace/serve as buttonhole to close jacket. This thread is to hel

?

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    In July of 1935, a month after the Leibstandarte were kitted out in their new field grey uniforms, there was a 5 day foot march outside of Berlin. Fortunately there are many photographs of the march and this one of SS-Sturmbannfuehrer Deutsch offers a good close-up of the eagles that the officers wore.
    A great image that I have never seen before. Thanks d'alquen for sharing it. We have yet to see anything other than modern images of riker mounts to back up the claims of 11C whereas d'alquen has shown us period images and documentation. One need look no further. His research and study is first rate. Thanks also to Wim and HPL2008 for the further documents and translation. thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-VT  arm Eagle and Bahnschutzpolizei arm Eagle  confusion
    P
    Many

?

Quote by 11C View Post
    Attachment 1135895

The top eagle is for the Kepi and was the first SS bullion bird. That very eagle is in Angolia's book on SS Cloth.
    (not to be confused with the SS/SA metal eagles..........this one is on black wool)
    Has anyone of our membership ever seen a period photo of an SS kepi with a bullion eagle? I have not.

?

This image is from the Delich collection stickies.
    SS-VT  arm Eagle and Bahnschutzpolizei arm Eagle  confusion

I imagine such an eagle is for use on the side cap and not the kepi. thanks

(edit) Arran is correct Ive never seen an image of a bullion eagle on the overseas/side cap either.
    Last edited by jHAM; 12-04-2017 at 12:45 AM.

?

I have no knowledge of what the bullion eagles above could have been worn on. I've never seen one on a visor, kepi, or overseas cap. Perhaps on the ski cap?

I can not contribute to this thread except to say that it has been a very
    interesting conversation. Thank you Gentleman.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I agree with Chopperman, this is a scholarly debate by the titans, lessor mortals watch from the wings!

?

Here are some pics of Bahnschutzpolizei officers' eagles in situ on their tunics as offered in Grenadier's current auction. Each of the surviving eagles (of this configuration) shown in this thread are of this origin, IMO. The bullion eagle I owned looked very much like these, save for the fact that the eagle was looking to the viewer's right (its left), the opposite of what we see here. I believe it was a "true" SSVT eagle, as shown in the period pics...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-VT  arm Eagle and Bahnschutzpolizei arm Eagle  confusion   SS-VT  arm Eagle and Bahnschutzpolizei arm Eagle  confusion  

SS-VT  arm Eagle and Bahnschutzpolizei arm Eagle  confusion   SS-VT  arm Eagle and Bahnschutzpolizei arm Eagle  confusion  

11C
    ?

Quote by jHAM View Post
    This image is from the Delich collection stickies.

I imagine such an eagle is for use on the side cap and not the kepi. thanks

(edit) Arran is correct Ive never seen an image of a bullion eagle on the overseas/side cap either.

Could be I guess..........What does Angolia say on pg 136 of his SS Cloth book? I don't have a copy with me.

11C
    ?

Bahnschutzpolizei and Railway on the left (bottom)..............SS eagles on the right.

Last edited by rbminis; 12-05-2017 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Edited photo.

CBH
    ?

Quote by 11C View Post
    Could be I guess..........What does Angolia say on pg 136 of his SS Cloth book? I don't have a copy with me.
    Pg 138, The Allgemeine-SS used only one version of the cloth national emblem that was identical in pattern as that used by the SA. Sometimes worn on the SS Kepi, it was hand-embroidered silver bullion on black. while not consistent with existing regulations, it may have been possible that it was used on rare instances on the visor cap.
    (similar eagle pictured)

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast