Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.

Article about: The origins of the insignia in the SS Totenkopfverbaende, or SS Wachverbaende as they were called in 1935 in the documents below give rise to much speculation. The cuff titles were introduce

Default Re: SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.

And the final ones for today...:

"40,35 Individual Purchases

In order to avoid misapprehension, we expressly point out that every i n d i v i d u a l member of a formation of the NSDAP may undertake the purchase of items of clothing and equipment as well as of badges of rank from any authorized master craftsman or retail outlet.
    The decrees made by offices apply only to their own purchases.

22,35 Orders from the Price List

All orders are to include numbers, namely those according to the price list published in May 1935. For changes to this list, see the RZM's official bulletins
    [Mitteilungsblätter]. From now on, orders referring to numbers from long-invalid price lists shall not be fulfilled.

23,35 SS Orders

Due to the high cost involved (cash-on-delivery- and postage fees etc.), orders amounting to less than 1.-- RM will not be fulfilled anymore.

24,35 Precise Statement of Addresses

For all orders and correspondence, we request very c l e a r writing and the statement of the exact address as well as the use of the company stamp.
    "

Last edited by HPL2008; 07-25-2011 at 07:58 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.
    P
    Many

?

Thread promoted to article on the main page, so will update it with newest posts
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thank you to colleagues, but I also want to stress most forcefully that I have offered here some snippets from the summer to the fall of 1935 as concerns SS regalia in a general way, with what for me was revelation about the Wachverbaende cuff titles; but this material is hardly the last word on a subject in which others are expert, and I am not. The material here is a smattering of things of related interest to foster an appreciation for the range of learning possible from the original sources....SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.

HPL,
    The Stammabteilung patches for cavalry, signals and pioneers were definitely in the price lists up to 1938. They are absent in the 1939 list. I will try and find the documents I have on this insignia.
    d'alquen

Here, from August 1936, is what was specified.
    d'alquen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.  

Thanks for the addendum, as ever, as you are the real expert in all of this. I am dabbling, and have not provided proper citations in the excitement over my discoveries, which are likely already well known by experts. I note here, in fact, (please correct me) that the Wachverbaende cuff titles were introduced before the SSVT "Deutschland" cuff title. Can that be correct? Moreover, mention is made here (above) of "Offiziersfeldmuetzen" which, I assume, is the black cap with the cloth peak and cords? Or is it something else? Apropos the Stammabteilung, such insignia must not have been in high demand, and it had to be created after a waiting period.
    What to have a glimpse into the to and fro between the VASS and this Abteilung 10 or Abteilung SS of the RZM, which surely gave way to something else as the SS grew apace in the years after 1936. Was not the Kleiderkasse SS created also in 1935?
    Thanks to colleague d'Alquen for his support of our chaotic research.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.

Thanks to Peter Jenkins for the image.

These people are giggling not only because they can drink happily in the sunshine of 1939, but they also have exclusive grey insignia to go with their old hats.....SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.

The Wachverbaende cuff titles mentioned in your RZM update, (plus one other with the inscription "Hansa"), were introduced in March, 1935. I believe the "Deutschland" title wasn't introduced until November of that year.
    d'alquen

SS-TV black breeches for Camp-Guards, with brown „Waffenfarbe“, inside bag for rubber stick

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    To lend a concrete example to the generalization I offer above, elsewhere on this site, a member here wrongly suggests that the bulk of German caps were made in an industrial manner. Perhaps in quantitative terms this might have been the case; but, in reality, there existed thousands of handicraft cap makers, whose licenses from the RZM in the era 1934-1935 were in a state of flux. That is, such licenses were granted by the NSDAP RZM and then revoked for whatever reason.
    Ha, the reintroduction of handicraft and small businesses was a specific goal of the Nazis(not surprising considering the large amount of small Bürgerlich shop owners in the NSDAP), hence the WHW tinnies made by hand for instance. How odd that someone would assert that these caps were made in an industrial manner. It's funny when people try and understand the objects that came from particular regimes without really understanding the regimes themselves, oder? I always understood that the Nazis had a particular loathing for the uniformity(pardon the pun) that arose out of the capitalism that drove the small business owner(like Oskar's father Alfred Matzerath in The Tin Drum) out of business for the benefit of the department store owner and his anonymously created wares. I recently read a very interesting chapter on these sorts of things in The "Third Reich in Power" by Richard Evans.

Pictured here are two celluloid representations of the men who would have enthusiastically supported such top-down help for small firms:
    SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.

To make sure that our daily "Foetid Woolens" quota is filled, here is a photo of a very rare tunic indeed, the SS(or something else? Heer Breast eagle, no "scull"?) propaganda tunic for a little person:
    SS Wachverbaende 1935, introduction of insignia conditions.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast