Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Wallonien Cuff Title

Article about: Hello everyone, I wanted to get a second opinion on this cuff title. To me, it looks like a textbook original, but you can never be too sure. I was told this is one of the ones that was disc

Default SS Wallonien Cuff Title

Hello everyone,

I wanted to get a second opinion on this cuff title. To me, it looks like a textbook original, but you can never be too sure. I was told this is one of the ones that was discovered back in 2017 in the "hoard" that was found. The embroidery looks correct to me, comparing to originals. I am interest to hear your opinions.

Kind regards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Wallonien Cuff Title   SS Wallonien Cuff Title  

SS Wallonien Cuff Title   SS Wallonien Cuff Title  

SS Wallonien Cuff Title  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Wallonien Cuff Title
    P
    Many

Nothing to worry about here, nice original.

Thank you for the opinion. I have not seen a lot of these on the market recently, even after the discovery of the so called "hoard". seems to be a difficult one to find.

Cheers!

I would wait and hear from Adrian he is quite good with these, however I will go out on a limb and say it is not one of the prolific bookmark fakes.

morris

?

I can't see any problems with it either, looks good!

It is a nice original.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you everyone for the input.

Cheers!

?

Can someone inform me on this " hoard" find in 2017? Where was this an how many were found?

This is a quote about the find from Weitze's website.

"In the summer of 2017, near the Grafenwöhr military training area, a small remnant of the arm bands was found by a shoemaker who had used the arm bands as boot loops. In addition to the "Wallonia" cuffs, there were also some "Wiking", Nederland "and" Osttürkischer Waffenverband der SS "cuffs, a total of around 80."

While there were about 80 total cuff titles in the lot, I believe there were only about a dozen of the Wallonien cuffs in the mix. I could be wrong though, but that is what I have read.

I read that 12 were found in Grafenwöhr.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast