Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Suppression of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising 1943

Article about: From the album of SS-Oberfuhrer Jürgen Stroop. You might have seen a few of these images before but they remain quite fascinating, especially in regards to the weapons being used and some of

Default Re: Suppression of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising 1943

The only people who found joy in the liquidation of the ghetto and the uprising were German...there was absolutely in joy in it for the Jewish fighters or any of the Jews in fact, only their deaths. I find the analogy of the fate of the Jews in the uprising to some kind of game or sports score an outrageously offensive trivialisation of the tragedy that befell them!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Suppression of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising 1943
    P
    Many

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I'm afraid you're confusing this with the 1944 Warsaw uprising by the Polish Home Army.
    And I am in the case of the Russians being at the immediate doorstep, thank you for pointing it out

Nice to see, that at least one of us has his ducks in a row this Sunday.

I was getting too far ahead of myself and I was even aware of both events.
    Too much of a family getogether this weekend.

Still doesnt change the peculiar aspect of rejoicing in the razing of the buildings of course.

Further more, one could argue that the war was already at its turning point, when this event took place.

?

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    The only people who found joy in the liquidation of the ghetto and the uprising were German...there was absolutely in joy in it for the Jewish fighters or any of the Jews in fact, only their deaths. I find the analogy of the fate of the Jews in the uprising to some kind of game or sports score an outrageously offensive trivialisation of the tragedy that befell them!
    The unbelievable hardship of living in the ghetto and the uprising against overwhelming military power are simply not to be underestimated ...and IMO cant be.

?

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Although the German defeat at Stalingrad had already occurred by the time of the 1943 Ghetto Uprising the more decisive defeat of German forces in the battle of Kursk salient had yet to happen so the Red Army were nowhere near in a position to enter occupied Poland.

By the time of the 1944 Rising it is true the German's could see the writing on the wall in the East, the Red Army was advancing across German occupied Polish territory which meant the Germans had been reducing both their forces and civilian administration staff in Warsaw which in part prompted the AK to decide it was time to try and take back the city with what turned out to have disastrous consequences for Varsovians and the insurgents, but that is for another thread
    The events of Kursk/Prokhorovka were chaotic and best described with a word starting with 'cluster' and ending in a word best not repeated here. Quite a battle.

I wish it had been even better documented, but I guess the greatest tank battle of all is not the place for a 'kriegsbericheter' camera team nor for the Russian counterpart.

Truly a Pyhrric victory in the light of German forces having lost fewer recources than the Russian forces.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I cannot follow you and fail to understand the relevance of this sports analogy.
    I was a bit cocktailed when I made this post, I was a late night. I was referring to post 45, second paragraphs. No more drinking and typing for me, I apologizes.

two or three men got the chance to come out from the Ghetto with a tunnel.
    They tried to get support from when I am not wrong UK or US diplomats, no chance for any support.
    Same matter like with the history and politics with Auschwitz. Air photo where take prior of 1945.
    Nothing happened, the trains were still running on daily bases. A political miracle for me how certain
    things were getting handled. But not much written about in modern days.

One group of ŻZW fighters escaped from the Ghetto through the Muranowski tunnel and made it to the Michalin forest. Another smaller group of ŻOB fighters escaped from the ghetto through the city sewer system, one of these ŻOB escapees was Marek Edelman who later went on to fight in the Warsaw Rising of 1944.

I think this thread has been blown off course in recent posts, mine included, I propose we return to discussing the supression of the ghetto uprising which reaches its 70th anniversary in a few days time.

On April 19th, the Museum of the History of Polish Jews located in Warsaw, Poland will begin its educational and cultural programming in its new building with the commemoration of the 70th anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising. On this day, the museum in Warsaw's Muranow district will open its doors to the public.

Museum of the History of the Polish Jews

Okay, I have removed those posts that were not on topic, my own included. Please can we move on corrdialy again. Please do not take offence if you think I have removed your individual posts without just cause, as no offence is intended.

The subject is the " Suppression of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising 1943".

This thread started off in the right direction discussing the uniforms used on the first page,,after viewing the last page here,, there is more in deleted comments than actual original content. This thread will close if it continues on this course. (( Warning was given twice already!!)) and now for the last time!

My question can any input be made towards the start of this thread and Ben VKs thoughts??
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast