Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are these SS insignia real or fake?

Article about: Hello experts, Please can you tell me if these SS insignia's are real or fake? : Description:-"WW2 German Waffen S.S. officer’s peaked cap.... Interior retains sweat stained silk liner,

Default Are these SS insignia real or fake?

Hello experts,

Please can you tell me if these SS insignia's are real or fake? : Description:-"WW2 German Waffen S.S. officer’s peaked cap.... Interior retains sweat stained silk liner, showing Schellenberg maker marked celluloid diamond and service worn grey leather sweatband, which is DRGM #14.19.504. Approx. size 57." is real or fake?

Need an answer before Sunday's Auction if possible?
    Are these SS insignia real or fake?Are these SS insignia real or fake?Are these SS insignia real or fake?Are these SS insignia real or fake?Are these SS insignia real or fake?Are these SS insignia real or fake?Are these SS insignia real or fake?Are these SS insignia real or fake?Are these SS insignia real or fake?
    What is the maker's mark? Deschler and Sohn?

Thankyou

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are these SS insignia real or fake?
    P
    Many

Hello
    Like Map already pointed out.. not likely these are real hence the visor itself is bad.
    The insignia alone would be worth thousands and dont think the fakers would have spent that!
    They look artifical aged imo.

I would stay away from this visor..
    Who is selling this visor anyway?
    Just curious hence you are still interested in the cap even though it has been dismissed!

Thanks Ullergaard,
    My local antique store is selling it, here is a link to their auction (WW2 German Waffen S.S. officer’s peaked cap. Good black leather peak, faded field grey wool crown).
    They were telling me this was a good buy and compared it to ones selling on renowned websites for 7000-10000+.

So how much you think this piece is really worth out of interest?

The problem is.. buy the item not the story..
    It is seen so many times with auction houses.. even if experts have written to them telling them they are selling a fake item, they still do not pull the item from that auction.
    And someone will pay big money for something they will proberbly never could resell again..and truely believe is the real thing because the auction site told them so! And often the auction house do not have the knowledge to determine if real or not!

I do not want to put a price tag on the cap.. it will be worth something to someone.. just not that price range they told you.

the insignia are originals

Thankyou, that is really good advice.
    The worst part is they state they stand behind everything they sell. Am sure they knew this Cap they were selling on consignment was fake, as I even questioned the old pin holes and wear marks etc, but they were still adamant that it was original and a good buy.
    This was not my first dealing with them either and they know me fairly well. We are very limited with Militaria/Antique shops over here (In Western Australia), so rely on what they get in their store alot of the time.

Will be very cautious on the next auction atleast.
    Thanks for all your help.

Hello the eagle is 100 percent bad, the toning of the metal and shape of the head are pretty obvious tells. The skull is also bad imo, if you look at the lower left jaw line where the the skull meets the crossed bones the definition is gone. As said the caps been a fabrication from the ground up. It s the forbidden fruit but you must resist. Best regards.

Brian

Edit: well I stand corrected if Sid says the insignia looks good they are.

So you think they are real Carlsson?

What makers mark you think?

Then if the insignia is real as carlsson stated, and his opinion i do trust, the cap will of course be worth more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast