Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thoughts on this Arm band please

Article about: Good afternoon. Hopefully my first SS purchase will be this arm band and I’m looking to the experienced and far more knowledgeable than me amongst you to cast your eye over and see if you

Default Thoughts on this Arm band please

Good afternoon.
    Hopefully my first SS purchase will be this arm band and I’m looking to the experienced and far more knowledgeable than me amongst you to cast your eye over and see if you can see anything that may be obvious to you that this isn’t right.

Appreciate any help.

Thoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on this Arm band please
    P
    Many

?

Not liking the overall construction when compared to originals, for starters the Swastika, roundel and stitching, wait for other opinions.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thanks for the reply!
    To my inexperienced eye, the things that strike me first is the stitching of the swastika to the white disc and the actual swastika being one piece where as most SS pics I’ve seen seem to be at least two piece?

I will echo what Gwar has said.

I'm not a fan of this one at all.. Something is telling me that this is computer generated stitching.

Smitty

Thanks Smitty, appreciate you both taking the time to reply.
    I know a lot of posters say this all the time but it really can be a minefield for things like this but it’s great there’s people willing to help out with their knowledge on here, I’ll keep my money away from this one then!

Cossie,

Many of us have had the unpleasant experience of purchasing what at the time was thought to be an original item only to discover that it was a reproduction. I started to collect in the days many years before the internet and relied heavily on reference books from the 70's and the sacred cows of the collecting eras from those days many of whom have since passed. It has been a wake up call for myself and for many others and with the advent of the internet as well as the fall of the Iron curtain in the 90's a literal deluge of information has flooded us and some incredible reference books and material has become available to us now. Color photos, fronts and backs of items, detailed information about manufacturing and the techniques used are now filling the pages of reference books to help piece together the mysteries we sought so many years before...

I feel an obligation as many here also would agree... to educate and inform those who have an interest in these artifacts and relics of war to ensure that hard earned money spent is not wasted on reproduced items is important to ensure that the torch is being passed along to the next generation of collectors...

In Short...Your welcome my friend..

Stay safe, best regards,,

Smitty

Respect Smitty.

Knowledge and patience is a virtue with this, it’s great we have somewhere like this to tap into the knowledge!

junk nothing is right

?

Quote by cossie400 View Post
    Good afternoon.
    Hopefully my first SS purchase will be this arm band and I’m looking to the experienced and far more knowledgeable than me amongst you to cast your eye over and see if you can see anything that may be obvious to you that this isn’t right.

Appreciate any help.

Thoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band pleaseThoughts on this Arm band please
    I think the others have covered it fairly well. Every aspect of this piece is inconsistent with an original example.

Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

Can any of you recommend any reputable dealers that sell SS items?
    The only one I’ve followed for a long time is Collectors guild in Canada and they seem to sell genuine items.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast