Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Types Materials for SS Visor Hats

Article about: Hello I start this thread because I need HELP with partition every materials for Visor Hats (now) which was used in 3R. I think that it will contribution for all, if help everyone who know.

Default Re: Types Materials for SS Visor Hats

Another SS cap with a leather peak found by Jenkins... a very handsome piece, indeed.
    Attached Images Attached Images Types Materials for SS Visor Hats 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Types Materials for SS Visor Hats
    P
    Many

Here an image of an early officer's cap with leather peak as posted here earlier....Wilhelm Kube in Potsdam, 1934, later infamous for his role in occupied Russia. Compare with item in post # 57 above.
    Attached Images Attached Images Types Materials for SS Visor Hats 

Types Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsOn the theme of leather peaks....

Types Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsApropos the above, but without express mention of same.

Attachment 282924Types Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsAttachment 282927Here from the RZM itself.Types Materials for SS Visor Hats
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-25-2011 at 10:27 PM.

Types Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor Hats
    Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Does anyone have one of these sample books of swatches or patches of textiles to which I refer above? Stezelberger had one for the longest time and I thought about buying it, but was too lazy to do so. I am sorry that I did not. The one volume of samples I saw in the 1970s was a killer piece, to be sure. It was astonishing the range of Tuche und Stoffe at hand.

All scattered bits of the whole, cast to the seven winds...

I made good on my error of earlier.

Types Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsTypes Materials for SS Visor HatsAn addendum with new items to the inquiry of five years ago. Proof of the will of some to pursue more foetid woolens.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-31-2012 at 06:29 AM.

Types Materials for SS Visor Hats
    Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Since one of you chose to continue this thread on another site, here is an image from this other site of a silken army field cap of the old style to illustrate the use of silk in cap covers. I had a grey SS cap similar to this in the early 1970s and stupidly sold it. It had come with a white LAH uniform, which I also sold.... This cap at hand is in the possession of a noted California collector, and is an especially interesting piece. Notice that it is a cavalry cap, where the conceit of a silken cap would maintain the traditions of the old regiments and also be a sensible response to the heat of summer, too. My SS cap was more field grey in color, but it was quite silken all the same. Where is it today?

Happy collecting.

I ended up buying the cap when the chance arose.

a wonderful, old thread of great merit.

?

I agree, this is a Great example of why WRF is the best place to be for people who want to know more about these historical items.

This should be made a sticky, looking at these SS caps makes me want to see one in person more than ever.

Thanks for bumping it to the top FB.

Cheers, Pat

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast