Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Ulric of england

Article about: Apologies if this has been discussed before (couldn't find much on them through a search) but I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with this company? They deal online, by their own admission to

The Duke Of Edinburgh was only telling me last week that he has no problems when adding items to his collection from Ulrich, I don't know what's the matter with you lot of whingers!!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ulric of england
    P
    Many

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I've never had any dealings with them but i've heard of a few incidents like yours!...
    Heh,heh - funny you should mention that, when I emailed them to ask if they attended fairs, I got the snottiest reply back off some woman, in no uncertain terms advising they do not attend fairs...

"The Duke Of Edinburgh was only telling me last week that he has no problems when adding items to his collection from Ulrich, I don't know what's the matter with you lot of whingers!!!"

Well Ned, when you next see him ask him to come on and give his 2 pennys worth...

........Oh and tell him I wanna see his name in Pink, no cutting corners.

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    They informed me they have there customer base, and they are close to the extent they know the name of there cats.

I think that was a comment to basically say they didn't need customers like me.

Well Ulric of England, you obviously do because you still have the item I was interested in for sale!
    Any dealer who refers to "clients" instead of "customers" needs to be treat with caution. I get the impression they like to sell to people who don't ask questions, apart from maybe "Is it definitely original? Great, here's the money" or people like my old boss: "How much is it? £500? Here's £600..."

Well, our money is as good as some city banker's, or whoever their "clients" are

they look like they spend alot of time making their pics look good and if that's why the prices are so high i think ill pass, but TBH all UK dealers prices are very high regimentals is sky high
    do they have a life time guarantee?

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    The prices are through the roof and always have been, their ridiculous all things considered. Upscale? Is that in his description some where?. Snobbery and Upscale can go hand in hand and using the word should not mean charging an exorbitant amount of money for something you can have at a lesser cost with a phone call or time and patience. Not sure what your looking at but I dont even scan that guys site anymore but most of it barring unique items can be had and the guy comes over here and haggles with his British Pound like he has not eaten in days and then go's home and pounds the currency, the the mark up and the client in the bum as the British say. Keep your back to the wall.

His books are good and does a nice job on those.
    You don't think £375 for this pair of Cavalry Hauptsturmfuhrer's shoulder straps (with provenance if that means anything these days...) is a fair price?

Ulric of england

Ulric of england

Ulric of england

Mind, that doesn't include insurance and shipping...

?

This is IMO the most overpriced dealer on the net. Nice quality items, but you will pay double.....or triple.

Quote by Mickthemonk View Post
    Any dealer who refers to "clients" instead of "customers" needs to be treat with caution. I get the impression they like to sell to people who don't ask questions, apart from maybe "Is it definitely original? Great, here's the money" or people like my old boss: "How much is it? £500? Here's £600..."

Well, our money is as good as some city banker's, or whoever their "clients" are
    Customers shop at 7-11, clients are long term relationships or treated in a manner where they are valued or feel they are valued. That is the way it should work, so a client or clientele can indicate higher costs but in reality its not the case.

Quote by ironcross13 View Post
    they look like they spend alot of time making their pics look good and if that's why the prices are so high i think ill pass, but TBH all UK dealers prices are very high regimentals is sky high
    do they have a life time guarantee?
    Your case in point. Presentation box for Mein Kampf.

First picture from Ulric's website: £2750

Ulric of england

This picture from M&T Militaria (Malcolm Bowers) His price: £2250

Ulric of england

Assuming they are both in same condition, there is no question over which is the better picture, but I know I'd much rather walk into Malcolm's shop, have a bit craic, and hopefully get a few quid off the price. Difference is you can deal with Malcolm (and most dealers), but you can't with Ulric - if you know what I mean!

?

Hello, One must remember as collectors we sometimes set the price in our habits of buying up items that are hard to come by. Also, most "Dealers" have a tremendous amount of money already paid for in pieces that may go unsold for days, weeks or even years... So they have to recoup that investment.. And pay overhead as well. Just my two cents... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast