Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Uniformen: Uniforms of note from the Delich treasures, Part IV

Article about: Herewith from my senior mentor, David Delich, some samples of his many tunics, some known to you all via the Schiffer books, but also an assemblage of marvels, miracles, and magnificence.

Default Re: Uniformen: Uniforms of note from the Delich treasures, Part IV

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I have corresponded with Dave but have never had the opportunity to meet him. His SS collection is world class and incorporates some of the rarest material that will ever be seen in a private collection. To my knowledge, he owns the only known genuine example of the "Charlamagne" cufftitle that I picked up in the early 1960's in a deceased vet's lot. It was unknown at the time that it was such a rare bird and I sold it for some paltry sum. Please give Dave my warm thoughts for sharing his wonderful items.
    Thank you, Bob, and I will make sure that Dave Delich sees your wise intervention.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Uniformen: Uniforms of note from the Delich treasures,  Part IV
    P
    Many

I do appreciate seeing these uniforms, and they are awe inspiring. Upon viewing the thread I immediately "liked" the images, but refrained from comment due to, as FrankBooth wrote, my ignorance on the subject matter. I liken my being in the SS uniforms and regalia with such world class collectors, as being a Private standing amongst the Supreme Allied Commanders. You're seen but not heard. Since many of us, myself included in the list, have been called out on the carpet, than I will express the thanks and appreciation I have for being able to view such items that many would never see in their lifetime.

?

If I may ask, what is the uniform in the 4th picture? The one with the 1st Class IC and the gold wreath and eagle on the sleeve.
    So sorry for my ignorance on the subject, But I would like to learn more.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Breath taking uniforms ...in my wildest dreams I never imagined they would have survived.... let alone see them....Thank you Mr Delich and FB .

An incredible array of rare and fascinating uniforms. An absolute privilege to behold here.

Please pass on my compliments and thanks.

Best wishes,
    Joshua

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    If I may ask, what is the uniform in the 4th picture? The one with the 1st Class IC and the gold wreath and eagle on the sleeve.
    So sorry for my ignorance on the subject, But I would like to learn more.
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    The Diplomatic tunic was Wilhelm Frick's.

Cheers, Pat
    Last edited by M18922; 04-13-2013 at 11:33 AM.

?

Don't you mean Wilhelm Frick?

?

Yeah, Wilhelm Frick. He was executed after the war am I right?

Cheers, Pat

Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    Yeah, Wilhelm Frick. He was executed after the war am I right?
    Yes; he was sentenced to death and hanged at Nuremberg.

(Allow me to add that in his case, it is not a diplomatic, but a government official's uniform, Frick being the Reichs Minister of the Interior.)

The reason for my being on the above list of those that have viewed the Delich collection threads but not responded to them up until now (except for some "likes" and a few indirect responses) is basically the same as that stated by Frank Booth and helmetone:

I felt myself not qualified to make a truly meaningful statement. I have always been interested in the SS as such and also in the study of its uniforms and insignia, but the latter only in an admittedly "theoretical" way insofar as I do not collect SS regalia.

My lack of comments should certainly not be taken as a sign of disinterest or complete ignorance of the fact that this is remarkable material.

So, let me make up by saying that I enjoyed these threads very much and that I also count myself among those who would appreciate seeing more.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 04-13-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast