Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual Large Totenkopf-Plaque Device?

Article about: From the estate of a 60+ year collection. The collector acquired it from a WW2 vet who had indicated it was hanging on the wall of an SS barracks officer's office wall. It is made of an alum

Default Unusual Large Totenkopf-Plaque Device?

From the estate of a 60+ year collection. The collector acquired it from a WW2 vet who had indicated it was hanging on the wall of an SS barracks officer's office wall. It is made of an aluminum alloy. There has been plaster appied to the inside to give it some weight and rigidty. There are 2 thin hanger tabs on the upper sides that come off the edge. The center hanger tab is much nore rigid. Detail is excellent for such a larger skull. Has anyone ever seen anything similar?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual Large Totenkopf-Plaque Device?
    P
    Many

?

Never in my years of collecting have I seen anything like it.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Never in my years of collecting have I seen anything like it.
    Same here.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I don't want to be a "Doubting Thomas" but since this was reportedly acquired by a collector from a veteran, I would be skeptical to believe the follow on information from the collector. I would have to have heard it directly from the veteran himself, and then also I would have to investigate further.

This looks like something that was fabricated post WW2. The SS would not have to mark their Skulls with the SS runes, everyone knew that the skull was synonymous with the SS, so there would be no need to engrave it on the front of the skull.

Until more proof of something like this existing, this is a classic example of "buy the item, not the story" and since SS items are notoriously reproduced and Fantasy items have been made up, I remain skeptical..

Just my humble opinion

Smitty

I can remember German militaria collecting in the early 1970's, and this just looks 1970's to me. Rather well made though.

?

I don't think its good. The ss runes on the forehead bother me the most. It just seems very fantasy like, not realistic.

?

The mounting holes are not something seen on Third Reich plaques. I have 3 seperate AH pieces and they all have similar mounting types for mounting on wood. Material looks kinda cheap to be honest with you.