Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

"Very rare" SS helmet cover on ebay

Article about: Look at this gem! Says it is 100% guaranteed original from a veterans estate! So how could you go wrong? ( I say all of this completely is a joke)

Default "Very rare" SS helmet cover on ebay

Look at this gem! Says it is 100% guaranteed original from a veterans estate! So how could you go wrong?

( I say all of this completely is a joke)"Very rare" SS helmet cover on ebay"Very rare" SS helmet cover on ebay

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Very rare" SS helmet cover on ebay
    P
    Many

Not my field...what is telling you that it’s wrong?

Quote by Composite View Post
    Not my field...what is telling you that it’s wrong?
    Nor mine Ade but the starting price coupled with the absence of a single bid so late in the auction (I just looked) and the fact that it doesn't have the usual metal clips but "instead appears to have had a draw cord added at some point" and that cord looks like it came out of modern camping gear, tends to make me just a tiny bit sceptical. Oh, did I mention the super fresh, "only been tumble dried with a few stones" kind of appearance?

No as I say I wouldn't want to give evidence in court but it just looks iffy to me and I know very little about these.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Wrong on so many levels: material, construction, pattern.....
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Certainly that shade of neon green isn't going to do the soldier any favors in combat.

The pattern and snot green immediately trigger alarm bells... But hey, if the seller says it's legit then who am I to argue, it is Ebay after all.
    Nick