Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Very Rare SS-Sanitats Arm Patch

Article about: It's been awhile since I posted to the forum. I thought I would start again with an extremely rare SS-Sanitats arm patch. I've owned three or four of the standard type used by the SA on thei

Thanks to all for the wonderful information and pictures.
    FB, I am forever grateful for your willingness to share as well as exercise your impeccable ability to prompt the sharing of others . I have been on and off this sight for a few years now, and am never dissapointed after diving into a thread that you have taken part. Your habit of providing such solid material in such abundance is almost frustrating at times, but it is this candor and honesty that is most appreciated. It might be said that it is contagious. I think you have provoked me into starting my first thread and sharing one of my treasures. I hope to draw your attention and that you are the first to comment. Thank you, sir.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very Rare SS-Sanitats Arm Patch
    P
    Many

Quote by Beerguy View Post
    Thanks to all for the wonderful information and pictures.
    FB, I am forever grateful for your willingness to share as well as exercise your impeccable ability to prompt the sharing of others. I have been on and off this sight for a few years now, and am never disappointed after diving into a thread that you have taken part. Your habit of providing such solid material in such abundance is almost frustrating at times, but it is this candor and honesty that is most appreciated. It might be said that it is contagious. I think you have provoked me into starting my first thread and sharing one of my treasures. I hope to draw your attention and that you are the first to comment. Thank you, sir.
    Thanks so much. I do not want to frustrate anyone, other than the poseur and the online savant who has no depth.
    History is a wonderful calling and we are blessed that several here have a gift for its rigors.
    All the best in your collecting. Rather than discourage people from learning and collecting, my goal is to encourage others to do so.
    A lot of online activity is seized of a status anxiety and also psy ops to disenable others and to paralyze them.
    Moreover, I see the theme as somehow deeply tragic and emblematic of severe flaws in society.

...that is, the story of the lately vanished 20th century and the age of total war into which I was born, and of which more and more has morphed into something remote
    and abstract.

Coincidentally, I sat down to review Vol. 1 of Mollo's series and noticed this tidbit while reading about early transition from brown to black. This information is present on pg.8, paragraph 1, speaking on insignia that would have transferred. "There were however two pieces of insignia, that appear to have been worn on the shirt, and not on the black uniform. The first was a white linen brassard with HILFSPOLIZEI printed on it in black letters. This was worn by SS and SA men, instead of their NSDAP brassard, when serving as auxilliary police in 1933. The second was a circular white badge 8.5mm in diameter on which was a red cross. The badge was worn by medical ordered who had not passed the State Medical examination. It was worn on the upper left arm above the brassard." Interedting that the patch has obviously been seen on the black cloth. Very cool.

Bravo that you read Mollo.

"There were however two pieces of insignia, that appear to have been worn on the shirt, and not on the black uniform. The first was a white linen brassard with HILFSPOLIZEI printed on it in black letters."

Not entirely true - as this detail from one of David Bunde's photographs shows. However, it is not generally seen in period pictures as the practice of using SS and SA members as Hilfspolizei had been abandoned in August, 1933 when the black uniform became more common.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very Rare SS-Sanitats Arm Patch  

David Bunde is a fine man and his skill in research and sharing images of SS uniform is a boon to us all.

I know the SS and SA also did wear the armband as used with the disc from
    the customs-organization. They helped out as auxiliaries. I have a picture of
    that, but it is not in its best!

Here a close-up of the type of disc:

Thank you, Wim, you always save the day with yet another remarkable image and wise knowledge.

Fantastic pictures and information, sir. Thank you!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast