Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Very Rare SS-Sanitats Arm Patch

Article about: It's been awhile since I posted to the forum. I thought I would start again with an extremely rare SS-Sanitats arm patch. I've owned three or four of the standard type used by the SA on thei

Default Very Rare SS-Sanitats Arm Patch

It's been awhile since I posted to the forum. I thought I would start again with an extremely rare SS-Sanitats arm patch. I've owned three or four of the standard type used by the SA on their brownshirt. This is the first version I have ever encountered with the black doeskin material on the back (high quality material). Moreover, it still has its original tailor's tag stapled to the reverse stating that it was intended for the SS. When I saw the patch listed on a Canadian dealer's website, I jumped on it. Then I started pouring over countless SS photos I have saved, both digital and in reference books, to no avail. Then I found it! An early Allgemeine-SS photo pictured on page 13 of Michael Beaver and Bill Shea's book on Allgemeine and Waffen-SS headgear. Note the guy standing on the left side of the picture wearing the exact same arm patch on his black service tunic. This is only picture I can find of this early insignia being worn by SS.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoys the pics and info. Please post any additional images you may have of this patch in wear. Also, I can not find the regs for this patch in any of my early reference material. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Very Rare SS-Sanitats Arm PatchVery Rare SS-Sanitats Arm PatchVery Rare SS-Sanitats Arm PatchVery Rare SS-Sanitats Arm PatchVery Rare SS-Sanitats Arm PatchVery Rare SS-Sanitats Arm Patch

Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very Rare SS-Sanitats Arm Patch
    P
    Many

What was the function of Sanitats personnel?

Quote by hassiman View Post
    What was the function of Sanitats personnel?
    Medical Personnel...
    Glenn

a nice rare find.

Wonderful object and nice tag with it.

Thanks for posting. So many subtle and odd things to know.

But our pillars here are the persons to give you the knowledge you seek.

The medical corps of the SS in its variety was a central part of the organization in many significant aspects, to include, of course, the evil doctors, mad scientists, and other such figures of legend. Himmler was a health nut, as is typical of the decadent middle class then and now. Doctors played a large role as members of the SS. Just look in the rank lists.

Colleagues Wim and d'Alquen are masters of SA and SS regulations in their arcane variety. I am sure they will have something to say.

A very nice find indeed.

Thanks FB and others! Yes, a great piece from the early days. I have regs for the SA using this patch, but nothing on the black ringed version for the SS.

Very Rare SS-Sanitats Arm PatchVery Rare SS-Sanitats Arm Patch
    Quote by mseagle View Post
    Thanks FB and others! Yes, a great piece from the early days. I have regs for the SA using this patch, but nothing on the black ringed version for the SS.
    Wim and Mr. d'Alquen have repeatedly unveiled astonishing documents from the Kampfzeit and the first years of the regime to beat the band.

You can see their threads in their plentitude.

SS uniform from 1930 until about 1935 or so is filled with riddles locked in enigmas.

Most of these obscure facts are poorly represented in the well known English language collector references.

We have on this site a cottage industry into inquiry into these subtle things.

Thanks for posting your treasure.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast