Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Vet bring back TK

Article about: Hey everyone, compared this one to my other unissued TK and I don't see any major issues but wanted to get a double check on it. It comes direct from the estate of William George Keen (1912-

Default Vet bring back TK

Hey everyone, compared this one to my other unissued TK and I don't see any major issues but wanted to get a double check on it. It comes direct from the estate of William George Keen (1912-2007), purchased via his nephew who is the estate executor. I've purchased a few other unissued "Dachau" style tabs from him with no issue that were brought back so I doubt any issues here, but can't be too careful with TKs!

Vet bring back TKVet bring back TK

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Vet bring back TK
    P
    Many

Splendid mint original

Quote by PDavies View Post
    Splendid mint original
    Thanks!

A fine original indeed!

Some additional and interesting info about the veteran.

A neat pickup I got from the nephew of William George Keen (1912-2007). I'm working my way out of unissued tabs but this one was too interesting to pass up. Some of his bring backs, primarily papers were donated to the Center for the Study of War and Society at the University of Tennessee by his nephew as executor of the estate. You can read a little about him here:

Collection: William G. Keen World War II Papers | SCOUT

Some highlights: "He graduated from the University of Chattanooga, and then enlisted on February 21, 1942. Keen graduated from Officer Candidate School in October (with the actor, Clark Gable) and the Army Air Force Intelligence School in December, 1942. During the War, Keen served as a First Lieutenant in the 8th and 9th Army Air Force, and after the war he stayed in Germany with the U.S. High Commissioner to serve as a Foreign Service Officer in the role of governor in Bavaria.".

William Keen Obituary (2007) - Ocala, FL - Ocala Star-Banner

I am working on getting a letter of provenance from his nephew to accompany the tab.

Congrats AK ...nice find
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Congrats AK ...nice find
    Thanks Larry!

Here's the letter with identifying information redacted for privacy. And a couple other tabs I forgot to include. that I know are good.

Vet bring back TKVet bring back TKVet bring back TK

Vet bring back TK
    Last edited by Glittering_Ship4193; 06-27-2022 at 09:48 PM.