MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?

Article about: Hi guys, Just a quick question. Under which circumstances would a cufftitle meant for a Waffen-SS division (Wiking, Frundsberg, etc.) be worn on a black SS uniform? Thanks, Mo

Quote by avenger View Post
    Tell him to watch Ralph Fiennes as Amon Goeth in Shindler's List. Evil came in more than black.
    Sometimes it even came in white...

I must say, Ralph Fienne's Amon Göth in "Schindler's List" is probably my all-time favorite cinematic portrayal of a camp man, with Harvey Keitel's Muhsfeldt in "The Grey Zone" and Götz George as Franz Lang (the fictionalized version of Rudolf Höß) in "Aus einem deutschen Leben" in second and third place.

George was also excellent as an old Mengele in "After the Truth".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?
    P
    Many

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Sometimes it even came in white...

I must say, Ralph Fienne's Amon Göth in "Schindler's List" is probably my all-time favorite cinematic portrayal of a camp man, with Harvey Keitel's Muhsfeldt in "The Grey Zone" and Götz George as Franz Lang (the fictionalized version of Rudolf Höß) in "Aus einem deutschen Leben" in second and third place.

George was also excellent as an old Mengele in "After the Truth".
    I agree. You know the actor playing the bad guy is doing a great job when his performance makes you want to kill the actor out of principle. haha

According to IMDB trivia, "When survivor Mila Pfefferberg (Amon's real-life personal servant) was introduced to Ralph Fiennes on the set, she began shaking uncontrollably, as he reminded her too much of the real Amon Goeth."

Quote by avenger View Post
    Tell him to watch Ralph Fiennes as Amon Goeth in Shindler's List. Evil came in more than black.
    That's actually exactly what I told him. I'm a stickler for historical accuracy but, in this case... oh well...

Saved these from a e-bay auction some months back. Not a Divisional but Regimental cuff title on this newly wed SS man
    Tim
    photo credit micro-antik2012
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?  

The wedding picture is of a member of the SSVT 1 "D" at some point prior to 19XX.

Is the image dated?

No the image has no date but he has been awarded an Infantry Assault badge. So a war time usage of the Allgemeine SS tunic with reg. cuff title
    Tim

Quote by timothywill View Post
    No the image has no date but he has been awarded an Infantry Assault badge. So a war time usage of the Allgemeine SS tunic with reg. cuff title
    The black SS service tunic, that is; not the "Allgemeine SS tunic".

Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?Aha. I did not even look at the badge. Donnerwetter.

More grist for the mill.

- - ------- - -

Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?
    Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The black SS service tunic, that is; not the "Allgemeine SS tunic".

Will we ever see an end to the black uniform bering incorrectly being called Allgemeine?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast