Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen SS tropical sleeve eagle and Waffen SS BEVO sleeve eagle

Article about: I bought a Waffen SS tropical sleeve eagle with RZM tag recently, to my surprise it came with a 2nd sleeve eagle I didn't know about. After a short search I found out that the 2nd sleeve mus

Default Waffen SS tropical sleeve eagle and Waffen SS BEVO sleeve eagle

I bought a Waffen SS tropical sleeve eagle with RZM tag recently, to my surprise it came with a 2nd sleeve eagle I didn't know about.
    After a short search I found out that the 2nd sleeve must be a BEVO sleeve eagle. (correct me if i'm wrong)

This is the very first cloth item that I bought so I'm a bit of a newbie in the 'cloth-deparement'.
    The seller is trustworhty as far as I know about but I just want to be sure. I would not be surprised if the BEVO sleeve eagle would
    be a reproduction.. the seller didn't mention anything about it, so it might just be a real one that he send out without knowing..

Waffen SS tropical sleeve eagle and Waffen SS BEVO sleeve eagleWaffen SS tropical sleeve eagle and Waffen SS BEVO sleeve eagleWaffen SS tropical sleeve eagle and Waffen SS BEVO sleeve eagleWaffen SS tropical sleeve eagle and Waffen SS BEVO sleeve eagleWaffen SS tropical sleeve eagle and Waffen SS BEVO sleeve eagle

thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS tropical sleeve eagle and Waffen SS BEVO sleeve eagle
    P
    Many

I'd find the fact that he sent a second sleeve eagle disconcerting. They're not exactly cheap, and unless the seller is rolling in money he wouldn't send one out as a freebie. I know the tropical sleeve eagles are among the more affordable items of SS insignia, but it is still SS, and fakes are numerous and convincing. Hopefully an expert on these eagles can chime in and provide a definitive answer.

Regards, B.B.

The top silver one is the infamous bowling pin fake.

Don't know about the tropical example with the RZM tag but I would go with that it is an accepted original type.

Cheers
    Doug

I contacted the seller, the silver one is indeed a 'bowling pin' repro. The tropical is 100% authentic he said.

?

The 2nd one (Tropical) is a nice original eagle with proper RZM tag.

Thanks guys!

Question: Why is "Nummer" abbreviated "No." on the RZM tags here, when the "proper" abbreviation is "Nr.?" Are both correct? Perhaps the "No." ones were made in Italy (numero)?

Thanks,
    Kevin

The most RMZ tags have 'No', these are most common ones, there are also tags with 'Nr'. This does not mean it is a fake RZM tag or whatever, it is just a rare tag.

Quote by norwest View Post
    Question: Why is "Nummer" abbreviated "No." on the RZM tags here, when the "proper" abbreviation is "Nr.?" Are both correct? Perhaps the "No." ones were made in Italy (numero)?

Thanks,
    Kevin

N° is the abbreviation of ablative case (numero) of Latin numerus and, as a matter of fact, is used also in France, UK, Portugual and Spain, not just in Italy. Please survey some scores of RZM tags and you'll read both Nr. and N°.

Authentic cufftitle by John Olav Holden shows both the Nr. + No. version .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS tropical sleeve eagle and Waffen SS BEVO sleeve eagle