Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen SS Tunic Well-made, reproduction, or authentic?

Article about: Good day I recently acquired this Waffen SS tunic I am unsure if it is authentic or not can anyone help me? Thank you very much. Dan

Default Waffen SS Tunic Well-made, reproduction, or authentic?

Waffen SS Tunic Well-made, reproduction, or authentic?Waffen SS Tunic Well-made, reproduction, or authentic?Waffen SS Tunic Well-made, reproduction, or authentic?Waffen SS Tunic Well-made, reproduction, or authentic?Waffen SS Tunic Well-made, reproduction, or authentic?Waffen SS Tunic Well-made, reproduction, or authentic?

Good day I recently acquired this Waffen SS tunic I am unsure if it is authentic or not can anyone help me? Thank you very much.

Dan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Tunic Well-made, reproduction, or authentic?
    P
    Many

Dan,

Better images of all the insignia (Collar tabs) are needed but from what I am seeing the uniform as well as insignia are reproductions. The sleeve eagle is missing it's beak and I can't see the Krim shield too well..

Show us more images of the cuff title and shoulder boards as well..

Smitty

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Dan,

Better images of all the insignia (Collar tabs) are needed but from what I am seeing the uniform as well as insignia are reproductions. The sleeve eagle is missing it's beak and I can't see the Krim shield too well..

Smitty
    Waffen SS Tunic Well-made, reproduction, or authentic?Waffen SS Tunic Well-made, reproduction, or authentic?Waffen SS Tunic Well-made, reproduction, or authentic?Waffen SS Tunic Well-made, reproduction, or authentic?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Dan,

Smitty

Thank you sir I uploaded some new photos

Default Waffen SS Patches Authentic Or Repro

Good Day I am Not Knowledgeable About Authenticating these types of patches

Any help would be greatly Appreciated!

Dan

Waffen SS Tunic Well-made, reproduction, or authentic?Waffen SS Tunic Well-made, reproduction, or authentic?Waffen SS Tunic Well-made, reproduction, or authentic?Waffen SS Tunic Well-made, reproduction, or authentic?Waffen SS Tunic Well-made, reproduction, or authentic?Waffen SS Tunic Well-made, reproduction, or authentic?Waffen SS Tunic Well-made, reproduction, or authentic?Waffen SS Tunic Well-made, reproduction, or authentic?

I found this also
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Tunic Well-made, reproduction, or authentic?  

?

EK1 seems to be an original Meybauer.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Would like to see a nice square on pic of that krim shield, Regards Paul

Here you go sir
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Tunic Well-made, reproduction, or authentic?  

Dan,

Thank you for the better images,

I am still on the fence about the authenticity of the uniform. The stitch work on the makers tag as well as the sleeve eagle is very sloppy, especially for the elite SS and a tailor would not want to simply "tack" a label into the uniform as shoddy as this..

I will defer to some of the uniform experts to chime in, but in my opinion I would not feel comfortable with this uniform in my collection.

The KRIM shield looks like it had been cleaned with brasso or something, as it looks like there is some white chalky residue on it and I am not a fan of the large font text of the word KRIM. Paulscoot is more versed on the shields so again I will defer to him.

Smitty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast