Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?

Article about: I'm looking for information on the original SA brownshirt aka the (Rossbach bought) 'Lettow Shirt' (1924-1929c) It was worn by Hitler, Hess, Himmler and many others attending the 1927 Reichs

I have owned several of these early shirts and the color on all of them was similar to the RZM pattern. The early tunics and kepis worn with the tunic were a darker chocolate brown.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?
    P
    Many

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I have owned several of these early shirts and the color on all of them was similar to the RZM pattern. The early tunics and kepis worn with the tunic were a darker chocolate brown.
    His master's voice.

Here is my data from 1935, and as found on no other website in the solar system.What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    In volume 3 I tried to explain colors at hand of an Amann color chart.
    Remind that in the years 1930 to 1945 such chart did have over
    1,000 colors. A chart from the 1990's just over 300.

Further colors then could deviate, due to the shade variations as
    permitted by the RZM to be 10%. There were constantly problems
    with colors and to get the right shade!
    Let me say among the many intriguing things in Wim's book, this analysis is very compelling and significant.
    There were similar problems when field grey was introduced at the turn of the century.

Some more data, ca. 1936, as concerns these textiles....What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?

While I am not 100% certain, from what I know about party uniforms, no such standardization and regulation was attempted or possible in the NSDAP of 1927.

I know who would know, and it is this man, so crack out your ouija board and ask him.What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?

The Nazis had a collection of their own early uniforms as part of the Hauptarchiv d. NSDAP and in the RZM, but I rather think it did not survive the war.
    Much mention is made of it in contemporary writing of the kind I enclose.What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-17-2017 at 04:39 AM.

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    If you want one of those Stephen Wolf is your best bet - you'd better have very deep pockets indeed
    What might be best way to contact him? If he does indeed own one, Do you think he might snap a few quick photos of it, all in the name of historical research ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    and I sincerely doubt there existed a single, standardized color in the year 1927.Attachment 1048371
    Excellent point, sir! I definitely agree, 'fifty' shades of NSDAP braun

I think these screen caps I made are from a real color clip of a 1933 march

Do you think the brownshirt color in question might be like either of the 2 men on the extreme left? (first and second row)

The color images from the recreation of the 30 January '33 march merely reflect reality of what was, in 1933, not a very standard uniform. Or, the variation that shocks
    us as to variation in color was treated by people then as simply normal. The latter is as much true as anything.
    Every color picture I have seen of real people in real brown shirts contains the same variety.What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?What color brown was the original SA/SS brownshirt?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-17-2017 at 04:45 AM.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast