Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

White Summer POW SS/Heer Tunic?

Article about: I recently picked up this, what I believe is POW White Summer Tunic that has all collar tabs, left arm SS Eagle, Cuff Title and shoulder boards all removed. There seems to be evidence of a B

?

Default White Summer POW SS/Heer Tunic?

I recently picked up this, what I believe is POW White Summer Tunic that has all collar tabs, left arm SS Eagle, Cuff Title and shoulder boards all removed. There seems to be evidence of a Breast Eagle that may have been attached and removed at some time. Above the traces of the removed Breast Eagle, that may have been something else stitched and removed from above that eagle. It appears to have a #9 embroidered on the inside back of the tunic. There are also stamp on the inside left breast Looks like U 575 or U573 along with another stamp beneath that (Heller?) Underneath the collar there is also writing.
    If at all possible, I would like some input as to this Tunic as SS? Heer?, POW, meaning of the writing, stamps, #9 etc. and any other thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

White Summer POW SS/Heer Tunic?White Summer POW SS/Heer Tunic?White Summer POW SS/Heer Tunic?White Summer POW SS/Heer Tunic?White Summer POW SS/Heer Tunic?White Summer POW SS/Heer Tunic?White Summer POW SS/Heer Tunic?White Summer POW SS/Heer Tunic?White Summer POW SS/Heer Tunic?White Summer POW SS/Heer Tunic?White Summer POW SS/Heer Tunic?White Summer POW SS/Heer Tunic?White Summer POW SS/Heer Tunic?White Summer POW SS/Heer Tunic?White Summer POW SS/Heer Tunic?White Summer POW SS/Heer Tunic?White Summer POW SS/Heer Tunic?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement White Summer POW SS/Heer Tunic?
    P
    Many

Could it be the remains of a post war movie piece? That might explain a breast eagle and a sleeve eagle. A 9 would make it easier to identify in the prop house too. Just a thought.

?

thanks for the thought..

?

It definitely seems worn quite a bit. When I picked it up, it was described as a POW tunic.

CBH
    ?

An original white SS tunic wouldn't have the remains of a chest eagle.

I'd think movie prop also, POW would be painted onto the tunic, that chain stitched P is too easy to remove.

Looks like an original army cut summer tunic, though I usually see the loops for a pin back metal breast eagle on these. Also looks like they glued some sort of collar tabs onto it...hence the damaged tab area. An Army summer tunic carried no tabs as a rule from what I have experienced.

Markings are strange & my guess a theatrical badged army with SS regalia attatched

Hope Friedrich does not see this...Too many "thumb" shots...Heads up FB !!

?

The lack of cuffs and absence of the classic "rock" cut on the reverse are signs of a post-war tunic, IMO...

CBH
    ?

Didn't the German police wear a white summer tunic for a short time?

?

Traffic Police wore white tunics but they had gold buttons and there is no outline from a Police eagle.

Quote by Arran View Post
    The lack of cuffs and absence of the classic "rock" cut on the reverse are signs of a post-war tunic, IMO...
    Yes, according to reference....the reverse rock was optional wartime, but not the fold back cuffs. So believe your observation is correct Arran. Most likely post war theatre tunic

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast