Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

austrian hungarian M17 helmet

Article about: hello, collective wissdom. I might be interested in this helmet and want to ask your advice. But as with a lot of websites of dealers, it is not possible to download this pictures, so that's

Default austrian hungarian M17 helmet

hello,
    collective wissdom. I might be interested in this helmet and want to ask your advice. But as with a lot of websites of dealers, it is not possible to download this pictures, so that's why I post this link. If anyone can give me advice how to download this pictures I would be glad to know.
    Apparently the paint is in no ideal condition. The most important thing I wanted to know is if this helmet looks like it has been messed up and if everything looks original. And if this is a reasonable price...
    Thanks in advance !

Austrian combat helmet M-1917, very rare, Oostenrijkse staalhelm Model 1917 met de typische mosterd kleur en stoffen kinband, origineel gedragen binnenwerk. Zeer zeldzame helm in deze staat, zie je veel minder dan de Duitse staalhelmen. | Headgear- Helmets | Militariadefoerier

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement austrian hungarian M17 helmet
    P
    Many

Hi Helmcollector,

Would love to have a look at this one, but would please post images from the site. If these links stop working the post becomes unusable for future reference.

Thank you,
    Andy

Here they are for you forum fellows;

Thanks ! How you did that ? I could download them but I got a weird extension : .webp instead of .jpg or something like that....I guess that weird extention is linked to the website...

Ok, found how to do it...Thanks again. Erwin

Looks like a nice albeit salty original Austrian WW1 helmet. You do see those black liners from time to time but I’m not sure if that is due to some sort of preservative wax or similar being applied post war or they darkened. Most that I’ve seen are brown leather. My only concern if I was purchasing this would be the rust which appears quite active? Where I live it can get quite humid so that would need to be taken into consideration as well. I’d be inclined to wait for an example in better condition as they do come up from time to time and they look very nice with their Isonzo Braun paint.

And thanks for posting the pics BlackCat!

Andy

I agree it's a salty original, solid albeit showing signs of age. I was using the iPad to save the images and then add them to the thread. Glad to help as always.