Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Camo helmet SI62

Article about: Hi, what are the thoughts about the SI62 camo helmet? It’s heavily oiled at Some point for sure. I hope the pictures are good enough. The chinstrap is reproduction. Remy

Default Camo helmet SI62

Hi, what are the thoughts about the SI62 camo helmet? It’s heavily oiled at Some point for sure. I hope the pictures are good enough. The chinstrap is reproduction.

Remy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo helmet SI62   Camo helmet SI62  

Camo helmet SI62   Camo helmet SI62  

Camo helmet SI62  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo helmet SI62
    P
    Many

?

Hi Remy, is this helmet yours or from a seller? It as a very nice camo pattern with tone down colors, who ever painted it gave a personal touch with the round shape on both sides. Look carefully in the shell if you can, I see writing inside. It is a beautiful helmet. Last thing, I believe the photos are from a iPhone because most of them have flipped sideways. I'm not sure how to help you with that. Take care. Jack

Hi Jack, no I can buy this helmet but true the sloppy paint job I wasn’t sure about the originality of the camo. Yes the photos are from iPhone and I don’t know how I can turn the photos. Thanks Jack

Would be great to hear other opinions.

?

Hi Remy, until more members give their opinion here is a very interesting link about camouflage of the WW1 German helmets. If your pictures were straight it could help. Having the same issues, once I've taking pictures with my iPhone I will crop or rotate them with my tablet or computer, then post them. By the way 40 years ago I bought a German M16 rusted shell in France, I was not collecting then. About 4 years ago, out of the blue I painted it in a camo pattern, I know a lot of members will jump! What is done is done, that started my interest for the hobby. Enough said here is the link: The truth about the camouflaged helmets of the Great War - Alexander and Sons German Helmet Restoration
    Take care, Jack

Quote by Remikri View Post
    Would be great to hear other opinions.
    Hi Remy,

Photos taken with flash and inside are harder to evaluate as opposed to those in natural lighting conditions. That aside, I have looked at this one for a while and am not seeing any red flags. There are quite a few things that tick the right boxes and I do think this is a period camo. I do wonder if the flash is making the paint appear shinier than it actually is? Most of these camos had a dry matte appearance but continual handling over the years and the application of waxes oils etc has changed them.

Some of these camos were painted by soldiers that had an artistic flair, while some were not. Also, a change in the area of fighting meant that camos had to be applied quickly, and this may account for the hurried appearance of the camo particularly with some of the black dividing lines.

Andy

Quote by Jack59 View Post
    Hi Remy, until more members give their opinion here is a very interesting link about camouflage of the WW1 German helmets. If your pictures were straight it could help. Having the same issues, once I've taking pictures with my iPhone I will crop or rotate them with my tablet or computer, then post them. By the way 40 years ago I bought a German M16 rusted shell in France, I was not collecting then. About 4 years ago, out of the blue I painted it in a camo pattern, I know a lot of members will jump! What is done is done, that started my interest for the hobby. Enough said here is the link: The truth about the camouflaged helmets of the Great War - Alexander and Sons German Helmet Restoration
    Take care, Jack
    Hi Jack,

I’d be interested to see how the camo paint has held up and what it now looks like 40 years later, if you still have it.

Andy

?

Hi Jack,

I’d be interested to see how the camo paint has held up and what it now looks like 40 years later, if you still have it.

Andy
    Hi Andy,

Here are a few photos of my M16 shell bought 40 years ago, it was totally rusted. Then about 4 years ago I painted it in a camo pattern. I enjoy this helmet for being the spark trigerring the start of my collection.

Camo helmet SI62

Camo helmet SI62

Camo helmet SI62

Jack

MAP
    ?

Will always defer to Andy on WW1 camos but I would agree with him. Looks good to me based on these photos
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Jack59 View Post
    Hi Andy,

Here are a few photos of my M16 shell bought 40 years ago, it was totally rusted. Then about 4 years ago I painted it in a camo pattern. I enjoy this helmet for being the spark trigerring the start of my collection.

Camo helmet SI62

Camo helmet SI62

Camo helmet SI62

Jack
    Thanks for posting the photos Jack! I was thinking that it was painted 40 years ago and was keen to see what a post WW1 camo would look like after 40 years. Ten years is still interesting though. It obviously doesn’t have the patina of something period, but the colours are reminiscent of some of the helmets painted by doughboys at the end of the war. When done in the period type colours and designs, some are quite hard to distinguish. And yes, first helmets always hold a special place.

Andy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast