Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

ear cut-out helmet M18

Article about: Hello. Today I'm showing you a Rare helmet that is a minefield and there are different opinions on exactly what the right look is. From the information I found on the forum, I think this hel

Quote by georgi View Post
    Hello.
    Thanks for the opinions.
    I don't know if the helmet has other markings than the ones I have shown. I asked the seller for additional photos as well as a photo of the helmet placed on a flat surface, but I received an email with the photos I already have.
    Regards Georgi.
    Hi Georgi,

It’s still in its WW1 configuration with steel liner band so the only markings on the band would be ink stamps for size, inspection or manufacturer. Embossed stamps directly onto the band are not often encountered. But I wouldn’t worry about not being able to see them as the helmet looks nice and untouched and in its condition, I expect stampings would not be easy to see. Being as these were all made to the average helmet size of 64, I’m not sure it if it would have had any embossed stamps to the band anyway. The main thing is that it’s has it’s ET64 stamp.

It’s a nice example with some remaining Wollstaub mixed in with the paint and being an ECO in WW1 configuration can be seen as quite rare.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyM35; 06-10-2024 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Typo.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ear cut-out helmet M18
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2