Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Finnish M16 ET64

Article about: I like to share my latest helmet. It's a M16 re-issued by the Finnish Army in think in the ninety twenties. It has an early Finnish liner system and is repainted with a big brush. This could

Default Finnish M16 ET64

I like to share my latest helmet. It's a M16 re-issued by the Finnish Army in think in the ninety twenties. It has an early Finnish liner system and is repainted with a big brush. This could mean it saw action in the Winter war and Continuation war against Stalins Sovjet Army. It looks like it has seen some action and is well used. A nice war hat that had an interresting travel through world history. There is a big dent on the back of the dome that has been repainted over. I don't know what that means but the size of the impact is the same size as a WW1 schrapnel ball. Just wishful thinking I guess, it could caused by anything.

I like the blue and white checkers pattern in the liner. I suppose it's the colors of Finlands national flag.

Finnish M16 ET64

Finnish M16 ET64

Finnish M16 ET64

Finnish M16 ET64

Finnish M16 ET64

Finnish M16 ET64

Finnish M16 ET64

Cheers Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish M16 ET64
    P
    Many

Nice helmet, 5 liner holes so it's "new" classic liner has been installed 1950-ties.
    Luckily not re-painted after that(expect pins), that is pre-war/war-time green.

And, heh, that blue-white stripe is iconic Finnish army bed-cover, which all consripts have saw. Bed pattern has been in use 100years now!

Fold the striped bedcover so stripes MUST line perfectly along the edges, otherwise no sleep for the conscripts untill completed. All have don that, and new NCO's will keep the tradition going.

You can wipe that mold of from chinstrap with wet-rag.

Great pickup Paul! Congratulations.

Andy

Quote by Verikauha View Post
    Nice helmet, 5 liner holes so it's "new" classic liner has been installed 1950-ties.
    Luckily not re-painted after that(expect pins), that is pre-war/war-time green.

And, heh, that blue-white stripe is iconic Finnish army bed-cover, which all consripts have saw. Bed pattern has been in use 100years now!

Fold the striped bedcover so stripes MUST line perfectly along the edges, otherwise no sleep for the conscripts untill completed. All have don that, and new NCO's will keep the tradition going.

You can wipe that mold of from chinstrap with wet-rag.
    Thanks for your info. What kind of liner was used before this? Did they use the m31 german liner or did hey keep the original liner system from WW1?

Cheers Paul

A nice looking helmet, good find.

Finns re-placed broken liners in all horned helmets models with Finn-made copy of m16 leather liner. Which was more sturdier made than original german counterpart.
    Otherwise they used original liners as long as they held together.

It was the only replacement liner for 30 years until year 1955.