Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

First Imperial German Helmet - M1917

Article about: I picked this up from a forum member on GunBoards a while back. I believe it to be an Imperial German M1917 helmet due to the location of the rivets for the chinstrap and the metal liner &qu

Default First Imperial German Helmet - M1917

I picked this up from a forum member on GunBoards a while back. I believe it to be an Imperial German M1917 helmet due to the location of the rivets for the chinstrap and the metal liner "band" vs leather. One of the liner pads is weathered differently from the others, so I suspect there may be some replacement pad(s) involved. I believe there is a name handwritten on one of the pads, which looks like N. Roth, but I could be mistaken. I have tried looking for a stamp marking in the usual spot on the inside of the helmet, but I couldn't find one.
    First Imperial German Helmet -  M1917 First Imperial German Helmet -  M1917 First Imperial German Helmet -  M1917 First Imperial German Helmet -  M1917 First Imperial German Helmet -  M1917

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Imperial German Helmet -  M1917
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks like a nice M16 shell (with 1917 pattern steel liner band.)

I will say however that two of the pads are reproductions that were added recently. They are not "Period" replacements. I think someone tried to make the writing look period but didn't do such a good job. Only the lighter white chrome tanned liner pad is original.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks MAP!

MAP
    ?

I will add that it appears the liner band was removed at one time to install the replacement pads.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)