Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M16 Camo

Article about: The camo box came out this week. This one must have been a stunner when it was in service - with four colors - tan, green, brown and red. The liner band remains with remnants of one of the p

Default M16 Camo

The camo box came out this week. This one must have been a stunner when it was in service - with four colors - tan, green, brown and red. The liner band remains with remnants of one of the pads. I can’t make out the manufacturer’s stamp but it is a size 62. Overall a decent example. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 Camo   M16 Camo  

M16 Camo   M16 Camo  

M16 Camo   M16 Camo  

M16 Camo   M16 Camo  

M16 Camo   M16 Camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Camo
    P
    Many

sweet

sweet

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    The camo box came out this week. This one must have been a stunner when it was in service - with four colors - tan, green, brown and red. The liner band remains with remnants of one of the pads. I can’t make out the manufacturer’s stamp but it is a size 62. Overall a decent example. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    A great example Jim! Looking under the ochre yellow panels, there appears to be a lighter green that doesn’t appear to be feldgrau, leading me to suspect this one had an earlier camo that was painted over perhaps due to a change in surroundings. Nice an untouched!

Thanks for posting it!
    Andy

Another nice example, the mimic done with a steady hand, no overpaint visible under the inside rim. No rust either that is immediately noticeable. Thank you for opening the box and letting us see it.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Another nice example, the mimic done with a steady hand, no overpaint visible under the inside rim. No rust either that is immediately noticeable. Thank you for opening the box and letting us see it.
    What is the “overpaint” that you refer to? Any camo overpaint paint on the inside “rim” would be quite unusual.
    Last edited by AndyM35; 07-16-2023 at 08:47 PM.

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    What is the “overpaint” that you refer to? Any camo overpaint paint on the inside “rim” would be quite unusual.
    Sorry, I didn't really explain myself very well. The mimic camouflage has been well painted on the outside and the "artist" has not allowed his brushes to smear any paint onto the inside of the rim. I hope that makes sense Andy.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Sorry, I didn't really explain myself very well. The mimic camouflage has been well painted on the outside and the "artist" has not allowed his brushes to smear any paint onto the inside of the rim. I hope that makes sense Andy.
    Thanks BlackCat. Yes, I see what you mean now and I agree - this one has been nicely done. Some camos are so neat and tidy as though the artist/painter had some time while others appear to be very rushed as though on the move into changed surroundings. Having said that, I have seen the occasional camo purposely painted on the inside of the rim but the reason for this has often led to speculation about when or why it was done.

Andy

Nice one. Well done!!

Great helmet!