Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M16 Camouflage helmet

Article about: Hello Forum, This great looking camo just came up on a auction site! What do you think about it? I am pretty sure about the inside being original, but i would like a few opinions about the o

Default M16 Camouflage helmet

Hello Forum,

This great looking camo just came up on a auction site!
    What do you think about it? I am pretty sure about the inside being original, but i would like a few opinions about the outside camo paintjob.

The seller claims its "battle damaged" but i think its way more likely that the helmet met the nice guys with the pickaxe after the war.

Any help and Opinions greatly appreciated as always!

M16 Camouflage helmetM16 Camouflage helmetM16 Camouflage helmetM16 Camouflage helmetM16 Camouflage helmetM16 Camouflage helmetM16 Camouflage helmet
    M16 Camouflage helmetM16 Camouflage helmetM16 Camouflage helmetM16 Camouflage helmetM16 Camouflage helmetM16 Camouflage helmetM16 Camouflage helmetM16 Camouflage helmetM16 Camouflage helmetM16 Camouflage helmetM16 Camouflage helmetM16 Camouflage helmetM16 Camouflage helmetM16 Camouflage helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Camouflage helmet
    P
    Many

It is indeed an interesting specimen, and it looks alright to me. The interior paint looks good, as well as the internal components. The hole is a bit much in my opinion, but wait for the others to chime in, and if you like it, go for it!

Looks like old paint and I'd agree it's probably had the post war decommission pick axe treatment.

The inside paint looks for sure good (to me), I am not 100% sure on the outside paint though.
    I guess we'll have to fight over this one haha as I also already bid and contacted the seller before your post

Its yours ShapedSteel! I bought another one today, and my funds are spend. I hope you get a good price on it!

Based on these photos, a nice original camo. The liner is an added bonus. It’s a TJ manufactured by C. Thiel & Soehne, Luebeck, who only made sized 66/68 shells, so a little more obscure. If I was you, I would buy it Adravor.

MAP
    ?

I like it too. Hard to tell on the damage. I'm leaning towards battle damage. But not convinced
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I’m also leaning more towards battle damage. The examples that have pick axe damage generally have a smaller hole but again, who’s to know what was used. I suspect at some point someone has tried to pull the damage to the dome out a little, hence the quilting in the metal, but who really knows. I have a similar relic which I’ll post later for comparison.

All part of this helmets story so all good.
    Andy

MAP
    ?

The clean fracture makes me think it is shrapnel from a high velocity impact. But purely a subjective guess.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you Adravor! I hope I am able to get it for a nice price as well! Would be my first German configuration M16
    I also saw the M18 you posted which caught my interest. If I have any funds left from this purchase (if I win it) I will probably contact you about that one later ;D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast