Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M16 Helmet

Article about: Hello, I am considering buying this helmet, which unfortunately has been repainted and has new leather. I want it because it looks in good condition in the sense of no bumps and rust. How ab

?

Default M16 Helmet

Hello, I am considering buying this helmet, which unfortunately has been repainted and has new leather.
    I want it because it looks in good condition in the sense of no bumps and rust.
    How about you, would you add it to your collection?
    I'm not a collector of helmets, I just want one because our army was armed with them ...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Here she is.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 Helmet   M16 Helmet  

M16 Helmet   M16 Helmet  

M16 Helmet   M16 Helmet  

I would pass because the item is doctored/restored. I would wait for a better example. Just for clarity, the bales for the chinstrap are also not the standard for a German m16/m18, but I believe that of an Austrian produced.

If all you want is a display piece that looks like a ww1 helmet and you are happy with
    the price--- why not buy it.

Original shells in fair condition can still be found at reasonable prices.
    Personally, I would go for and original but that's just me.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

I would pass too.

While you might be satisfied with a "restored" example, my issue is that it isn't restored correctly given the wrong liner system in the helmet.

I would think just an untouched "shell", even with some dents, dings and hard but honest wear would be a better representative example to have and display.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

You're right I'll wait for a better example.

Maybe try even to find a relic shell. That has the history and is affordable.