Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M16 Helmet Identification Help

Article about: Hi all Finally what appears to be a rather legitimate Camo is up for sale in this country but as always I'd appreciate my informed opinions. The images below is all I have.

?

Default M16 Helmet Identification Help

Hi all

Finally what appears to be a rather legitimate Camo is up for sale in this country but as always I'd appreciate more informed opinions. The images below is all I have.

Last edited by olboy; 04-16-2019 at 03:06 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Helmet Identification Help
    P
    Many

Very convincing to me

?

Thank you for that.
    It's one of those that has real ochre brush strokes as I can see in the images. Ochre being a pigment powder in its raw form will have heavy brush marks like I've seen a few over time. I kind of seek this variety out.

Hello Olboy,

I currently own two and to me the patina looks all good plus its a very nice one. A classic Imperial German Camo!

However, none of the rivets are correct which means that the liner (although perhaps an original) has probably been replaced too!.

At the end of the day if this doesn't bother you and the price is OK then I'd say go for it. It will display very well too!

Andrew

?

Yes I did notice that straight away. Perhaps the inner was taken out to try and straighten the leather somewhat as you can see it's not fitted well

?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Hello Olboy,

I currently own two and to me the patina looks all good plus its a very nice one. A classic Imperial German Camo!

However, none of the rivets are correct which means that the liner (although perhaps an original) has probably been replaced too!.

At the end of the day if this doesn't bother you and the price is OK then I'd say go for it. It will display very well too!

Andrew
    As you would know AndyM35 they don't often appear in this country and besides I'm a little over paying import taxes and whatever other taxes they can come up with.

I like the looks of it even knowing that the liner has been out of it.
    Like Andrew said, if the price were right, it would look good sitting
    on my shelf.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

To me a one second one look original from across the street. I like it! Jim G.

Nice one. It's got the patina and general paint wear as well as conventional camo design you want to see on one of these helmets. It is rare to find any WW1 helmet with undamaged original liners, so evidence of replacement is fairly common. But with these the attraction and value is really in the mostly related to the paint.

I like it too
    D.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast