Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

m16 opinions please

Article about: Hi, I am looking for some opinions regarding this m16. my concers are: -liner not being original to the shell as it looks smaller than the shell (bc it dried and got smaller?) -normally i wo

?

Default m16 opinions please

Hi,

I am looking for some opinions regarding this m16.
    my concers are: -liner not being original to the shell as it looks smaller than the shell (bc it dried and got smaller?)
    -normally i would think the paint to be ok but is there no paint in the middle inside of the dome or is it just the glare of the light
    which makes it look like bare metal?

I would be happy about any feedback!

Anon

m16 opinions please
    m16 opinions please
    m16 opinions please
    m16 opinions please
    m16 opinions please
    m16 opinions please
    m16 opinions please
    m16 opinions please
    m16 opinions please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m16 opinions please
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

shell looks fine to me.

Hard to tell if the liner is original to the helmet or not. PHotos are too small and get blurry when expanded. But it appears to be an original liner.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks nice & original, here's mine...... M16 German Helmet . The liner, being leather has probably shrunk over the years (100 + !), it has a nice patina overall !
    Cheers
    Paul

?

Thank you Map for the reply! With shell you mean including the paint and not just the metal in general?

?

Hi Paul, beautiful helmet you have there. Your liner band seems to be in great condition. I appreciate your input!

Anon

MAP
    ?

Quote by Anon View Post
    Thank you Map for the reply! With shell you mean including the paint and not just the metal in general?
    Yes. Sorry. The helmet (shell and paint) look original.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks all original aside from the liner string but that’s no issue and most no longer retain it. The shell was made by Gebrueder Gnuechtel A.G., Lauter i./Sa.This manufacturer is notable for only making size 62 shells in WW1. In profile, these shells also have a slightly steeper transition between the front and rear visor. This is a nice example.

I have two G62’s. One is a camo and the one below is feldgrau.
    Gebrueder Gnuchtel 62 M16

Andy
    Last edited by AndyM35; 04-19-2022 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Addition of link.

?

Very informative! I’m always learning something new from your replies, thank you Andy!

Anon