Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US Veteran

Article about: Here's an ET64 M17 Camo helmet I just picked up from the family of a WW1 US 30th Division Vet. It has one pad intact, and appears to have the German veteran's name and unit penciled onto the

Default M17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US Veteran

Here's an ET64 M17 Camo helmet I just picked up from the family of a WW1 US 30th Division Vet. It has one pad intact, and appears to have the German veteran's name and unit penciled onto the underside of the rear skirt of helmet. Looks like "4/88" for the unit?

30th Division was entitled to wear the "Ypres-Lys" + "Somme Offensive" + "Defensive Sector" Battle Participation Bars on their Victory Medal.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I've never seen a camo pattern with black used as one of the segment colors. Paint is in nice shape, with the exception of where it was scratched recently on the front right and left side before I acquired it.

I'll add a few photos at the end to show how the helmet had been stored in the basement of the family, and what else was with it.

I look forward to your comments.

Best Regards,

Alan

M17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US VeteranM17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US VeteranM17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US VeteranM17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US VeteranM17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US VeteranM17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US VeteranM17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US VeteranM17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US Veteran

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US Veteran
    P
    Many

More photos of helmet interior & markings.

M17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US VeteranM17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US VeteranM17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US VeteranM17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US VeteranM17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US VeteranM17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US VeteranM17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US VeteranM17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US Veteran

I'll add a few photos at the end to show how the helmet had been stored in the basement of the family, and what else was with it.

M17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US VeteranM17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US VeteranM17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US VeteranM17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US VeteranM17 Camo Bring-Back from a 30th Division WW1 US Veteran

?

I don't think black is a segment color,....It looks like dark green. Just black separation lines. At any rate, it is a pretty spectacular group and find, congratulations.

Definitely researchable!
    Regards,
    John

Wow, Alan, You've had a very good year.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Awesome Alan. Did you get the whole lot?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

In the other photos I saw a German gas mask canister, ID tag and what looks like a helmet pad. NH

?

Way to go Alan! Great pickup and with provenance. You are on a roll. Time to buy a lottery ticket

I agree with John(relicz) about the color looking dark green when I zoom in. But you have it in hand and can tell more than I.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Did you get the whole box or just the M17? Some great stuff there.

Tony

Looks good!....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast