Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M17 Camo - Some Battle Damage

Article about: The WWI camo box emerged from storage yesterday. I don’t think I have posted this one before. It has the color scheme I like the most - greens, tans and browns with thick black separation

Default M17 Camo - Some Battle Damage

The WWI camo box emerged from storage yesterday. I don’t think I have posted this one before. It has the color scheme I like the most - greens, tans and browns with thick black separation lines. The colors are still relatively bright. The chin strap is long gone and the steel banded liner has seen better days, but is still present. This one has what appears to be a bullet hole through the rear apron. I don’t generally collect battle damaged helmets but the damage on this one doesn’t detract. Anyway, here it is. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M17 Camo - Some Battle Damage   M17 Camo - Some Battle Damage  

M17 Camo - Some Battle Damage   M17 Camo - Some Battle Damage  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M17 Camo - Some Battle Damage
    P
    Many

Baby where have you been all of my life. LOL
    Great looking lid, text book example
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Very nice yellow ochre and what looks like the letter A painted in black on the rear right side panel. The shell appears to be Gebrude Gnuchtel with the font where the G is slightly larger than the numeral 6.

A great camo! Thanks for posting it.

Andy

Jim,

What a beautiful helmet! The natural light certainly showcases the original paint.

Regards,

Joel
    Last edited by buellmeister; 04-27-2022 at 10:28 PM.

?

at the nape of the neck , an enterence hole an no exit ! a real nasty spinal cord wound! not good!

Pick axe damage? seems to have square edges. We know at the end of the war the Allies spiked a lot of helmets to make them unusable. Must say I love the colours and patina overall.

?

A very appealing helmet Jim, thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    John

Excellent helmet! The condition and colors give it a great used look, also share your preference on camo color especially with the yellow ochre.

?

pickax damage was usually done to the dome / top of helmets.

Here is one with pick axe damage. Every one that I have seen that was de-miled has had the damage on the dome, and most, if not all, had 2 strikes. I think the damage to the apron on the piece that started the thread is actual battle damage. The pictures make the hole look square but in hand it does not. Unfortunately it is back in storage so I can't post better shots. The colors on the de-miled piece rare pretty nice as well eh? I do like WWI camo's. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M17 Camo - Some Battle Damage   M17 Camo - Some Battle Damage  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast