Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Q66 Painted Stahlhelm

Article about: Hello All, I recently bought a camouflaged Q66 stahlhelm I just wanted peoples opinion of the paint job is real or not. Thanks Yogi [/ATTACH]

?

Default Q66 Painted Stahlhelm

Hello All,
    I recently bought a camouflaged Q66 stahlhelm I just wanted peoples opinion of the paint job is real or not.

Thanks Yogi

Q66 Painted StahlhelmQ66 Painted StahlhelmQ66 Painted StahlhelmQ66 Painted Stahlhelm[/ATTACH]Q66 Painted StahlhelmQ66 Painted StahlhelmQ66 Painted Stahlhelm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Q66 Painted Stahlhelm
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

A very interesting pattern.

I do like some aspects of the paint. But photo quality is a bit poor. Some of them can't be expanded. So really can't be sure.

I will defer on the liner. Not a strong point of mine.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The liner is not original Imperial German. Better hi res images and preferably in low light outdoors would give a better idea of the paint. To my mind it looks very one dimensional and not something immediately that strikes me as painted during WW1. The paint in the closeup of the manufacturers stamp appears rough and should be factory smooth unless the helmet was reissued which it does not appear to be. Closeups of the liner pins from the inside would be good to see as well.

Andy

?

Hello Andy,
    Are these pictures better. Thank you for the reply.
    Yogi
    Q66 Painted StahlhelmQ66 Painted StahlhelmQ66 Painted StahlhelmQ66 Painted StahlhelmQ66 Painted StahlhelmQ66 Painted StahlhelmQ66 Painted StahlhelmQ66 Painted Stahlhelm

Hi Yogi,

Thanks for the additional photos. The liner pins look like the typical round ended type fakes and from what I understand, these types of re-production pins with rounded end prongs have been around for nearly 30 years of more. Same goes for the liner, but not 100% on the liner band and strap based on the photos. The interior paint does look better in these images.

Regarding the camo, the photos are better but still blurry when enlarged. While the paint has wear etc, it doesn’t strike me as having the type of patina and what I would call depth, of a period camo. It looks quite flat whereas period camos tend to have an almost three dimensional appearance when viewed closeup or in hand. See some images below for comparison of some original camos and feldgrau paint in higher resolution. I think outside photos in low light may help more, but they would need to be hi res. I’ve seen helmets that looked bad in some photos but turned out to be original with better photos and vice versa.

Andy
    Q66 Painted StahlhelmQ66 Painted StahlhelmQ66 Painted StahlhelmQ66 Painted StahlhelmQ66 Painted StahlhelmQ66 Painted StahlhelmQ66 Painted Stahlhelm