Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Rusty old helmet

Article about: Was at a antique show this weekend and picked up this helmet. The dealer wasn't asking much for it and its very solid so I bought it. The best part was as I was walking away with the helmet

?

Default Rusty old helmet

Was at a antique show this weekend and picked up this helmet. The dealer wasn't asking much for it and its very solid so I bought it. The best part was as I was walking away with the helmet I heard this very large lady tell her friend. Why would anybody buy a rusted crappy old helmet. I just smiled and walked away. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rusty old helmet   Rusty old helmet  

Rusty old helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rusty old helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Rusty old helmet

An Model 1916 Stahlhelm shell, judging from the vent lug sizes it will be a size 62/64, near to one of the chinstrap lugs there should be a maker mark including size stamped into the helmet, example "ET62"and a number stamped into the top of the inside (crown) this is the heat lot number that can I.D. the steel mill the batch of metal came from...have a look. Little ole ladies ...what do they know !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

LOL ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, nice helmet Gary .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Steve the evil rust has forever hidden that information. I almost stopped and asked what she was looking for but I was in to good a mood . Alan thanks for looking . See that large lady put smiles on lots of peoples faces. Gary

?

a few more photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rusty old helmet   Rusty old helmet  

Rusty old helmet   Rusty old helmet  

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Why would anybody buy a rusted crappy old helmet.
    This from a little old lady who probably has a collection of souvenir spoons or a wall covered
    with plates that have pictures of cats on them.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Greg you nailed it . I was thinking more along the line of knitted teapot covers . Gary

I like that helmet a lot! That comment made me lol chopper! Some people collect the dumbest stuff IMO. Collecting pieces of military history is fascinating! I may be bias but I don't think anyone here will argue with me

I bet when the lady dies no one will say "ohhhh, ahhhhhh, that's really cool!" when they find her collection of whatever crap she collects, cat plates or beanie babies, who the hell cares. Place that helmet within your collection with pride! Good score.

?

Good Pwny I don't think your bias everybody should collect military. Helmetone after the cats eat her eyes out and they finally air out the cat smells her collection of widgets are going to sell like hot cakes. The helmet has a very safe and honored place in my collection. Gary
    Last edited by RH1941; 08-06-2012 at 08:30 AM.