Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stalhelm camo - review

Article about: Guys i picked this up a couple years ago, came in a ww1 grouping. Looks to be multiple layers of paint over one another, looks decent to me. Original liner. Any thoughts on this paint scheme

Default Stalhelm camo - review

Guys i picked this up a couple years ago, came in a ww1 grouping. Looks to be multiple layers of paint over one another, looks decent to me. Original liner. Any thoughts on this paint scheme
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalhelm camo - review   Stalhelm camo - review  

Stalhelm camo - review   Stalhelm camo - review  

Stalhelm camo - review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stalhelm camo - review
    P
    Many

Default Photos

More photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalhelm camo - review   Stalhelm camo - review  

I see blue paint under the top camo coat so I would say it's all been repainted at some point post war, the liner also isn't giving me good feelings aswell.

Heres some more pictures of paint and liner. I did notice 2 different colors of green, white and blue under other layers.

The look of the camouflage looks far too vivid for me. The helm looks original, but this finish is later as TheGoon observes.

Wonder if it was painted as a souvenir post war. Liner is incredibly dirty lol

Another look, the green paint on the inside of the skirt looks to be over the corrosion, so another later addition perhaps.

The whole thing is a mess of different colors applied god only knows when. It looks nice on display. I got the entire grouping for super cheap so im not too worried about what i paid. I had got a ww1 uniform consisting of jacket and pants,original stetson hat, some good insignia , a u.s 1917 trench knife and this helmet mentioned above for the handsome sum of $150 us.

Unfortunately post war paint over on old shell. The paint has no real patina so not a helmet painted just after the war either. The bright green is not field grey and has been painted under the liner band as well which is another red flag aside from the paint. I hope you didn’t pay too much and can get your money back.

Andy

Just to add, I don’t mind the liner band itself, but this pad just looks off as though it’s somehow shorter.. seems to have little age to it etc,. The other two might be Ok.
    Stalhelm camo - review

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast