Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Stirnpanzer M16

Article about: Good day ! I wanted to ask for your opinion about this Stirnpanzer M16. Since it is not often found in our area, in the Lutsk region (Eastern Front, Brusilovsky Breakthrough, Ukraine). What

?

Default Stirnpanzer M16

Good day ! I wanted to ask for your opinion about this Stirnpanzer M16. Since it is not often found in our area, in the Lutsk region (Eastern Front, Brusilovsky Breakthrough, Ukraine). What is the current price today, is there any interest? Thanks for the help, sorry if I did something wrong, I’ve only recently been on the forum.

It has a small crack (probably from a bullet), don’t know if it is clearly visible in the photo ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stirnpanzer M16   Stirnpanzer M16  

Stirnpanzer M16   Stirnpanzer M16  

Stirnpanzer M16   Stirnpanzer M16  

Stirnpanzer M16  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stirnpanzer M16
    P
    Many

?

Default More fotos :

Stirnpanzer M16

I have never owned one so my opinion on these means nothing. However
    here is a thread that might help you with your research-----

Stirnpanzer - real?
    Last edited by Chopperman; 05-24-2020 at 10:30 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Did you find it yourself, or are you looking at buying it? They are as far as i know rare, and expensive. I cant tell if yours is original, or a good aged fake.
    A beginning could be to search for signs of stamping for example.

FranzJ,

I always check for detailed information the books of Michael Baldwin "Feldzug". He made a collectors reference book for every year of the first world war; as he was one of the finest ww1 collectors of german militaria in the world. Sadly he died to young. I bought all of them and use them for study and enjoyment. In "Feldzug 1916" there is a section about stirnpanzers. They should always have factory stampings on the left inside at corner. Also should there be toolmarks at the edge as a factory finish. This to avoid injuries in handeling the browplate. Rhein Metall Viersen was one of the major producers of "Stirnpanzer "and "Grabenpanzer" and marked their product with RV together with a individual or lot number. After that there could be a AK stamp for the Abname Kommando. They are pressed under high pressure and never cast!!

In other words. Get some good books. It is an investment but saves you money and disappointment in the long run.

Cheers Paul

Paul, I also have all of the Baldwin series. Talk about patina! These books are definitely a must for serious collectors of Imperial Militaria. His collection was worthy of its own museum but from what I’ve heard a lot of it was sold off after his death at auction. I hope at least some has made it into museums so as to be enjoyed the wider public.

FranzJ, Paul makes a great point. Reference books are great investment in knowledge if you’re a serious collector and some books even become collectible in their own right.
    Andy

Default Baldwin collection

Hi Andy,

I came across an internet article of the auction. It contain more than a 1000 quality pieces of german WW1 items. It took several auctions to sell all the pieces over a period of time. Otherwise the marked would be disturbed. Once in a while you see some items for sale on the net.

Baldwin will always be a legend among collectors for his keen eye. He inspired me to shift my collection from WW2 to WW1.

check it out:
    First World War imperial German militaria collection so huge it is being sold in three parts at C&T Auctioneers

Cheers Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank for the article. It was a very interesting read. Strange how the Militaria expert Tredwen was so surprised about Michael Baldwin not restoring items in the collection. I love the fact that his collection also contained not just more prominent items like helmets but smaller personal items as well. I love my German WW2 helmets but I think WW1 has a bit more of a fascination for me. It seemed like a more innocent time when it all kicked off but was obviously a real turning point in how wars were fought. The equipment has that added level of patina and I had some very passionate history teachers at school as well. Sad that Michael is no longer around to enjoy his collection but he left a great legacy.

Cheers,
    Andy

?

Нi ! Thanks a lot for Your answers! I ask my friend to make better photos of the stamps on it. it is look like " RV 1 " .... It can be mean Rhein Metall Viersen ? And another qestion - price, he wants about 800 $ for it...Is it price adequate ??? Stirnpanzer M16

Hi Franzl,

Thanks for the photo. RV 1 on the good spot and in the correct size and typo. It looks original to me. The patina is correct. I think it is a good one. The bump made by te bullet gives it an extra. It worked for this guy. I hope he didn't broke his neck. $800,- is not an uncommon price. I've seen these priced from $500,- up too $1500,- . $1500,- for stirnpanzer but better state and with mimikri camo. If you want to spend this kind of money is up to you.

Cheers Paul