Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Stirnpanzer: Post what you have about the alternative use

Article about: Hello everyone, I'm currently researching an alternative use of the German Stirnpanzer/front shield for Stahlhelme/steel helmets in the First World War. I stumbled across this post-colored p

?

Default Stirnpanzer: Post what you have about the alternative use

Hello everyone,

I'm currently researching an alternative use of the German Stirnpanzer/front shield for Stahlhelme/steel helmets in the First World War.

I stumbled across this post-colored photo on the internet a while ago.

Stirnpanzer: Post what you have about the alternative use
    (Source: marinamaral.com)

Apparently there are two different opinions about this way of wearing the Stirnpanzer/front shield on the Internet: Some claim it was often used as a face shield by soldiers in the First World War. Others say it was only worn this way to relieve neck strain when the Stirnpanzer/front shield was not in use, as the weight of the shield pressed heavily on the neck and head.

Unfortunately, despite an intensive search, I could not find anything definitive about this carrying variant apart from this one photo (uncolored and post-colored).

I would be interested to know if this was really a common wear variant and what purpose it served.

That's why I would ask you all to post photos, documents or other evidence of this wearing variant here. Then the thread can be used as a reference in the future.

Any contribution on this topic is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Best regards
    Wolf
    Last edited by Wolf; 04-14-2023 at 05:26 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stirnpanzer: Post what you have about the alternative use
    P
    Many

Can't tell if the soldier holding the rifle in the mid-ground is wearing it in the wished for fashion, but worth looking at.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stirnpanzer: Post what you have about the alternative use  

sick one of my friends has 13 original stirnpanzer but he is looking to buy more