Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unknown leather liner m18.

Article about: Hi guys i came across this for sale and i cannot identify the liner? as all ww1 german pads had two tabs for the shoestring this only has one.even Hungarian and Finnish liner systems still c

Default Unknown leather liner m18.

Hi guys i came across this for sale and i cannot identify the liner? as all ww1 german pads had two tabs on each pad for the shoestring this only has one.even Hungarian and Finnish liner systems still carry two tabs so i'm kinda stumped with this one.any help or knowledge would as always be much appreciated,thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown leather liner m18.   Unknown leather liner m18.  

Unknown leather liner m18.   Unknown leather liner m18.  

Unknown leather liner m18.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown leather liner m18.
    P
    Many

Any idea's from anyone please.?

MAP
    ?

Sorry Jake. Not something I can help with. Wish I could. Give it some time. Hopefully someone will chime in soon.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Mike just curious as it has a bid on it and i've never seen any liner of this type before,also when i asked the for the makers stamp and size the seller replied it only has the number in the top which is the rolling mill stock number.appartently the helmet's been in his personal collection for a long time and quotes "it's hard to find original items" i'm not seeing anything original with this set up.

?

Swiss m18 helmet liner

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    Swiss m18 helmet liner
    It was my understanding (which is not much) that the swiss liners had two tongues with eyelets as well. Given my lack of experience with these helmets, is there a variant that had a liner like the one Jake is showing?

Swiss m18/40 helmet

Edit:

Well.....no need to answer. The forum search engine has filled in the gaps of my knowledge

Swiss m18/63 civil defence helmet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Yeah sorry for not elaborating much more MAP! Was pretty tired when I posted that

Thanks guys is there any reason why this liner is in this M18 shell? has it been installed by a collector or is there some official military use.?

?

I am close to leaning towards a collector had a German M18 shell . Saw the Swiss M18 helmet liner and just sorta reckoned it was a close enough match

I am not aware of an official variant where this combination would exist

However the Swiss liner is still been modified quite well to fit.

Either way a great M18 steel helmet. Looking at the Helmet - as a German - you can literally breathe the Air of the Trenches of the Western Front in 1918!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast