Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WK1 Deutscher Stahlhelm M16

Article about: Hello fellow collectors, I’ve been wanting to purchase a WWI Deutscher Stahlhelm for a while. I came across this on FB market place. After reading up on information on this forum and elsew

Default WK1 Deutscher Stahlhelm M16

Hello fellow collectors,

I’ve been wanting to purchase a WWI Deutscher Stahlhelm for a while. I came across this on FB market place. After reading up on information on this forum and elsewhere, based on the color and the liner, it seems to be a German M16 vs Austrian or Hungarian. Based on the paint brush strokes on the inside are hand applied. Leather doesn’t seem to be artificially aged. But as this is my first WK1 Stahlhelm, I wanted to get your opinions as to the authenticity and a fair price for it.

Thank you very much in advance.

WK1 Deutscher Stahlhelm M16WK1 Deutscher Stahlhelm M16WK1 Deutscher Stahlhelm M16WK1 Deutscher Stahlhelm M16WK1 Deutscher Stahlhelm M16WK1 Deutscher Stahlhelm M16WK1 Deutscher Stahlhelm M16WK1 Deutscher Stahlhelm M16WK1 Deutscher Stahlhelm M16

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WK1 Deutscher Stahlhelm M16
    P
    Many

Yes, it is indeed a German M16 helmet and all looks fine. Appears this one was reissued at some point based on the brush strokes that are particularly visible inside the shell. The chinstrap looks to have been repaired at some stage, but the main issue that would put me off purchasing would be the paint on the outside which appears to have been rubbed off or has worn off through handling, although bit hard to tell from these photos. Unless you’re collecting untouched helmets, it’s not a huge issue and the helmet is all complete which is something that’s getting harder to come by these days.

Andy, thank you very much. What’s a fair price for this type of an example.

Thank you

Quote by Medalcollector View Post
    Andy, thank you very much. What’s a fair price for this type of an example.

Thank you
    Hi there,

We don’t provide monetary appraisals on the forum, so the best approach I can suggest is canvas a variety of different dealers sites to get an idea of the average price. Bear in mind that more complete helmets and helmets in untouched condition will always attract premium prices as will camo painted helmets.

Andy

Quick update. The Stahlhelm arrived a few days ago. It looks gorgeous in person. The pins are original, haven’t been removed and redone.

Big thanks to Andy!!!

For future reference, I paid $760 G&S shipped for this.

Thanks all!!

That's a good looking helmet.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Nice helmet ! Price is cool . Rob

Nice color and nice helmet

Looks like someone was trying to find gold after reaching steel under paint with Sandpaper.

Two big shiny bare-steel surface spots can be seen. Or total four, two additional smaller ones, but cant tell from bad lighting in pics.

?

I think it's a reflection of the light. However the helmet is placed, the spot does not change its position.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast