MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 German M-16 Camouflaged Helmet ET 64

Article about: Hello. Today I am showing an M16 camouflage helmet. This helmet has a strange camo pattern. It looks more like signal coloring. I have never seen such coloring before. The inside of the helm

?

Default WW1 German M-16 Camouflaged Helmet ET 64

Hello.
    Today I am showing an M16 camouflage helmet. This helmet has a strange camo pattern. It looks more like signal coloring. I have never seen such coloring before. The inside of the helmet appears to be painted correctly. I'm not sure if the lining and chin guard are correct.
    Please give your opinion!
    Thanks Georgi.
    WW1 German M-16 Camouflaged Helmet ET 64WW1 German M-16 Camouflaged Helmet ET 64WW1 German M-16 Camouflaged Helmet ET 64WW1 German M-16 Camouflaged Helmet ET 64WW1 German M-16 Camouflaged Helmet ET 64WW1 German M-16 Camouflaged Helmet ET 64WW1 German M-16 Camouflaged Helmet ET 64

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 German M-16 Camouflaged Helmet ET 64
    P
    Many

Hi Georgi,

Aside from the regular three colour camo with black separation lines, hundreds of other interpretations with different colours and designs have been encountered. The colours are not an issue and I have seen a few examples with the same maroon toned dividing lines. The images are very blurry and not too conducive to a thorough evaluation, however the paint looks period to me. To be certain though, you may wish to ask for some closeups of the paint and liner pads (underneath as well).

The liner also looks fine and I think the strap is too. The wear of both is commensurate with the appearance of the age of the paint. Generally, M16 helmets German WW1 helmets with steel bands are most often encountered with the white chrome tanned liner pads, however there was a crossover period where excess brown leather pads were still being used.

I’ll see if I can post some photos with the maroon coloured dividing lines. These photos don’t really show of the paint too well or the insides, so it would be nice to see some more higher resolution images.

Andy

?

Thanks for the fast answer.
    I will request more pictures from the seller. I'll upload more close-up pictures of the paint later.
    Regards Georgi.

?

Here are some more pictures of the paint.
    WW1 German M-16 Camouflaged Helmet ET 64WW1 German M-16 Camouflaged Helmet ET 64WW1 German M-16 Camouflaged Helmet ET 64WW1 German M-16 Camouflaged Helmet ET 64WW1 German M-16 Camouflaged Helmet ET 64WW1 German M-16 Camouflaged Helmet ET 64WW1 German M-16 Camouflaged Helmet ET 64

In my opinion, based on the latest images you’ve presented, the paint has the expected age, wear and patina of a camo painted in WW1.

It’s a really nice one and I’d be happy to have it in my collection.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyM35; 11-07-2023 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Typo.

Plus one with AndyM35, it's a nice stahlhelm with everything there (less riemen chinstrap). I'd be pleased to find one like that. Thanks for posting.

MAP
    ?

A very nice and interesting camo!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

An example of a camo using similar maroon dividing lines. Also, one of many different types of unconventional camo designs encountered. Both from the collection of Samuel Cormier.

WW1 German M-16 Camouflaged Helmet ET 64WW1 German M-16 Camouflaged Helmet ET 64WW1 German M-16 Camouflaged Helmet ET 64

?

The examples you show are very interesting. These helmets are like paintings by different artists. Artwork. In my opinion, some of these camouflage patterns are easily spotted from a distance and would give away the presence of the soldier.
    Thanks for the detailed information.

Quote by georgi View Post
    The examples you show are very interesting. These helmets are like paintings by different artists. Artwork. In my opinion, some of these camouflage patterns are easily spotted from a distance and would give away the presence of the soldier.
    Thanks for the detailed information.
    There are lots of other oddballs about there as well including some without dividing lines, others with simple splotches. Some were painted by the individual soldier, while some were painted by someone assigned within the unit etc. You’d be surprised how well a lot of camos can blend in as the main concept was to break up the solid form of the helmet’s felgrau paint and to suit the surrounding vegetation. Some were even camoed multiple times.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast