Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Helmet

Article about: Guys Not my field but picked this up recently Any info would be much appreciated ! Cheers

Default WW1 Helmet

Guys
    Not my field but picked this up recently

Any info would be much appreciated !

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Helmet   WW1 Helmet  

WW1 Helmet   WW1 Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 Helmet
    P
    Many

These photos while good are not quite close enough to make a proper assessment. Could you please if possible take some very high res images of the paint particularly the black separation lines, the red painted areas, the air vents, the chinstrap mounting points on the outside and some pics of the interior of the shell.

The red coloured paint is unusual but this does not mean that the paint isn't original. I would like to see more images to have a closer look.

Andy

Inside of the shell
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Helmet   WW1 Helmet  

WW1 Helmet   WW1 Helmet  

From what I see initially it is good, although looking a bit unloved.

I think this one would need an in hand inspection.

I can see areas where the sand/dirt textured paint sits under the red paint but also places where the red paint appears to be on top of the texture paint and camo area. This helmet reminds me a lot of a camo that was posted a few months back and was proven to be fake and in fact turned out to be an Irish helmet. Here's a link to the thread and some images of a similar textured paint from the fake camo/Irish helmet: My M16 Camo Stahlhelm.

WW1 HelmetWW1 Helmet

Andy