Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWI German Camo Pawn Shop Find

Article about: While running some errands today I decided to stop by a local pawn shop to see if I could find any treasures. Whenever I pass by thrift stores, pawnshops, or antique stores, I always try to

Default WWI German Camo Pawn Shop Find

While running some errands today I decided to stop by a local pawn shop to see if I could find any treasures. Whenever I pass by thrift stores, pawnshops, or antique stores, I always try to stop in and try my luck. Most of the time I come up empty handed... but today I consider myself very lucky!

I ended up finding two very interesting WWI era Stahlhelms. They were both priced ridiculously cheap too. I ended up buying the example that I recognized, and putting the other on layaway. Despite being very cheap, my collecting budget is limited at the current moment. But fairly soon I'll be bringing the second one home. Given how both of the helmets are quite different 'paint wise' I'll be creating separate threads for them.

The helmet I brought home today is a very nice camouflage example, or at least I think it's a nice one. I'm not too educated when it comes to WWI era pieces. So please let me know what you think of the camo. To me personally I think it has the right look, but that is just my gut talking.

Anyways, I just wanted to share this exciting find with everyone! I'll be posting a thread for the other helmet very soon. It has a very interesting decal that I don't recognize, and I'm extremely curious to learn more about it.

WWI German Camo Pawn Shop FindWWI German Camo Pawn Shop FindWWI German Camo Pawn Shop FindWWI German Camo Pawn Shop FindWWI German Camo Pawn Shop FindWWI German Camo Pawn Shop FindWWI German Camo Pawn Shop FindWWI German Camo Pawn Shop Find

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI German Camo Pawn Shop Find
    P
    Many

Definitely a period camo on a size 64 ET shell made by Eisenhuettenwerke Thale A.G., Thale /Harz, who manufactured shells in sizes 60-68.

It’s a nice and untouched example with a fantastic patina. It’s got some interesting colours and the dividing lines almost look a dark purple/black shade which I’ve seen on other helmets. If there’s anything I’ve learned about WW1 camo helmets, it’s that there is an unlimited variety of styles and shades, as many soldiers interpreted the 1918 directive quite loosely.

Congratulations

Andy

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Definitely a period camo on a size 64 ET shell made by Eisenhuettenwerke Thale A.G., Thale /Harz, who manufactured shells in sizes 60-68.

It’s a nice and untouched example with a fantastic patina. It’s got some interesting colours and the dividing lines almost look a dark purple/black shade which I’ve seen on other helmets. If there’s anything I’ve learned about WW1 camo helmets, it’s that there is an unlimited variety of styles and shades, as many soldiers interpreted the 1918 directive quite loosely.

Congratulations

Andy
    Oh man, Awesome!

Thank you so much for letting me know this. I'm really glad to know the camo is period. Despite not being too heavily into WWI militaria, I'm absolutely in love with this helmet. I think it might send me down a WWI collecting rabbit hole!

Thanks again Andy, I really appreciate it!

I like this one! Nice pickup! Jim G.

Nice old, original helmet.
    What a great find.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

A very nice find. Has a great worn look to it! Even though it is just a shell, it will display very nicely.

Congrats.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Great find and I can't wait to see the other treasure you have found!

Cheers,

Joel

Very nice original stahlhelm. You have done very well. Right place, right time. Great score!

Outstanding find, congratulations! Authentic camos are getting harder and harder to come by these days.