Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast

1000 Post Helmet World Tour!

Article about: After Dave (sscrooge), a short trip to Ireland to see young Patrick, then Belgium and the world. 5 more stops and it will be in Russia mate, maybe for the second time

Default Re: 1000 Post Helmet World Tour!

Nice signatorial addition Ade - but 22,480 posts since Jan 2008? - I just did the maths.... that's 16 posts for every day til now!
    You HAVE been busier than I thought.......... show us the tips of your fingers, bet they are flat!

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1000 Post Helmet World Tour!
    P
    Many

Really great photos, Ade. I'm guessing most of those Germans were airmen?

Hi Dan, LOL, yes I think my keyboard and fingers have suffered!

Hi Mo, the WW1 dead include a large number of POW's and internees who died in 1918, no doubt due to the flu epidemic. There are also all the Zeppelin crews.

The WW2 dead do indeed include a large number of aircrew. The aircrew are buried together , so a whole bomber crew will lie side by side. But all arms of service of covered. Also some foreign volunteers from the East.

The German Military Cemetery Cannock Chase England

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by rbminis View Post
    If it is not too late to get in on this fun, I would like to be considered.
    Besides, Doug and I could exchange it hand to hand. It will be a great excuse to visit him.
    Ralph.
    I'd like that mate, and we do still have one slot from the two that left. Feel free to drop one of your beautiful little knives in the box by accident too

I am going to Ade's next weekend to pick the helmet up for its next stage of its journey
    Ben

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I'd like that mate, and we do still have one slot from the two that left. Feel free to drop one of your beautiful little knives in the box by accident too
    Thanks Andy!
    I will take some time to think of a proper location to take photos.
    I have a feeling that if I do, it might not make all the way around to you.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

this is a superb thread and i am enjoying every minute of it ,all that have taken part so far are great sports and i look forward to the rest of the stalhlhelms journey kind regards james

You have a very nice sunny day for photos, Ade. That's a beautiful looking cemetery.

Right chaps just on my down to Ade's pick up the helmet to bring back to North Derbyshire (Ade lives in the south of the county) Ade if you read this soon I will be about an hour get the kettle on, Val has made us home made cup cakes
    Ben

Great stuff mate. Get a pic of the handover!

Page 8 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast