Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

2 x M34 Fireman Luminous Helmets

Article about: Hi all I've picked up two M34 helmets (both later design but one with comb, one without) but have no idea how to identify if they are post war made or ww2 repurposed. I've tried finding foru

Default 2 x M34 Fireman Luminous Helmets

Hi all

I've picked up two M34 helmets (both later design but one with comb, one without) but have no idea how to identify if they are post war made or ww2 repurposed. I've tried finding forum posts on this but can't seem to find any solid information. Are there any indicators to look for?

I've noticed the rivet holes are in the same place as the ww2 helmets and the inside is black which led me to believe they are WW2 but can't be certain.. the vent holes are a slightly different order..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 x M34 Fireman Luminous Helmets   2 x M34 Fireman Luminous Helmets  

2 x M34 Fireman Luminous Helmets   2 x M34 Fireman Luminous Helmets  

2 x M34 Fireman Luminous Helmets  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 x M34 Fireman Luminous Helmets
    P
    Many

The easiest way to determine a post-war manufactured "M34" shell is to check the back inside neckguard for the stamping "DIN 14 940". Additionally the seven-hole vent groupings on war-time mfg'd M34 helms will have one hole at the 12 o'clock position perpendicular to one hole at the 6 O'clock position (1 x 6 order). Post war shells may have this arrangement as well but also have the vent groupings having two holes at the top and two on the very bottom (such as the two luminous versions that you have imaged - 2 x 6 order).