Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

2020 German Steel Helmets of the year

Article about: 2020 is almost over thankfully. Hopefully 2021 will be better finally letting us return to normal.. Despite all that has been going on, I have still seen many great helmets purchased this ye

MAP
    ?

Default 2020 German Steel Helmets of the year

2020 is almost over thankfully. Hopefully 2021 will be better finally letting us return to normal..

Despite all that has been going on, I have still seen many great helmets purchased this year. Just shows how resourceful we are

So as with prior years, it would be nice to have members post their favorite steel helmet pick-up in 2020. Rusty, mint, rare or cheap.....doesn't matter....Just your favorite

ALL steel German helmet types are acceptable from WW1 through 1945. This includes Civil, NSKK, Relics, and helmet covers, etc.

At the end of the year, if you all like, we can have a vote for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. (Again, it is not about the most minty or the most expensive just the forums favorite)

Rules:

1) We know it is hard to pick a favorite child, but we will need to limit it to TWO helmets per member

2) Keep photos of each helmet to a minimum of just three photos of each please. (You can always link the thread if you already posted it.)

3) Voting: As we approach year end, I will create a list of all the helmets and we can "open" the voting. Until then hold off.

So who will start it off???

Regards,

Michael
    Last edited by MAP; 11-30-2020 at 04:29 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2020 German Steel Helmets of the year
    P
    Many

I no way shape or form will this one win, but I don't really care. I'm proud to own it. It is named to Wilhelm Sasse, who I am still trying to research. The helmet, along with a few other items were found in a foxhole on the outskirts of Konigsberg Russia, in 2020. Sasse went missing there in March, 1945.

MAP
    ?

Quote by RustyRelics View Post

I no way shape or form will this one win, but I don't really care. I'm proud to own it...
    As the opening post says: "Rusty, mint, rare or cheap....Just pick your favorite". And the fact that you are proud to own it is what this is all about.

For me, this is a great looking relic! Congrats!

So....anyone else?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post

So....anyone else?
    Maybe we are waiting for you to post first so we can size up the competition.

I might have to raid my retirement account and quickly get a little something. I've only bought three helmets this entire year and none of them will compete with the piece of heavy artillery I know you have in your "new arrivals". Cough... FJ!... cough... FJ!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Quote by TWS View Post
    Maybe we are waiting for you to post first so we can size up the competition.

I might have to raid my retirement account and quickly get a little something. I've only bought three helmets this entire year and none of them will compete with the piece of heavy artillery I know you have in your "new arrivals". Cough... FJ!... cough... FJ!
    You made me laugh VERY VERY hard! ROFL! I'm struggling as to what to post believe it or not.

Default My Helmet

This one here is not my favorite helmet pick up this year but it is my very first proper German helmet in my collection. It’s a nice condition hkp64 SD Heer M42, inside is a little rough but I’m very pleased with this as my first ever German helmet.

2020 German Steel Helmets of the year2020 German Steel Helmets of the year2020 German Steel Helmets of the year

The is one may not count as a helmet but it is definitely one of the crowns in my collection. My reversible splinter helmet cover, which MAP helped me find so of course another thank you there! I was beyond happy to add this one to the collection so here she is!

2020 German Steel Helmets of the year2020 German Steel Helmets of the year2020 German Steel Helmets of the year

MAP
    ?

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    This one here is not my favorite helmet pick up this year but it is my very first proper German helmet in my collection. It’s a nice condition hkp64 SD Heer M42, inside is a little rough but I’m very pleased with this as my first ever German helmet.

The is one may not count as a helmet but it is definitely one of the crowns in my collection. My reversible splinter helmet cover, which MAP helped me find so of course another thank you there! I was beyond happy to add this one to the collection so here she is!
    A very nice SD M42 and love the cover. One of these is on my wish list! A very good year!

I've edited to parameters to include helmet covers.

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    You made me laugh VERY VERY hard! ROFL! I'm struggling as to what to post believe it or not.
    I am here for your entertainment, sir. If I actually made the legendary MAP speechless, then that's an accomplishment - and worth an additional 10 votes for whatever helmet I post.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Default M40 Q66 rear stamp Helmets

I picked up two nice m40 Q66 rear stamp helmets with matching lot #S2422.

MAP
    ?

Nice Al. I've always liked rear stamped Q's. And both in great condition with matching lot #'s? Wow! A good year for you too!

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast