Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

2021 German Steel Helmet of the year

Article about: Well, another tough year for us all but at least we can get another look at all the great helmets we have bought in 2021! So pretty much copying what I wrote last year........ It would be ni

Quote by MAP View Post
    @ Everyone. Nice stuff so far! I remember most of these!

@ Frank, Frank, Frank......

"Keep photos of each helmet to a maximum of just three photos of each please. (You can always link the thread if you already posted it.)"

Will let this be a reminder to others.

Btw...great pick up.
    Couldn't get it down to three , 4 is ok I hope :-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2021 German Steel Helmet of the year
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Couldn't get it down to three , 4 is ok I hope :-)
    LoL...I know it's tough....I'm posting mine now and can't pick 3 photos either
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Despite shifting to WW1 Haubes this year I've lucky enough to find 3 nice Steel helmets. I guess, when you are not looking, you find nice stuff. Tough to pick but choosing these two as they are both childhood "Wish List" items. Been search for both for decades.

#1 - M35 DD SS ET64

This helmet completed my Apple Green/Luft Blue M35 collection, now having one each for Heer, Luft, KM, Police and SS.

Solid in very good condition given the combat use it has seen. Just the way I like them. A bonus is a that the chin strap is marked with the owners initials MRV.

More photos here: M35 DD SS ET64, lot # 4404

#2 M40 SE64 Luft Pink DAK

A nice complete battle worn Luftwaffe true DAK with nice Pink undertones. Typically liners in these helmets are toasted dry by the heat and sweat but this one is still mostly soft so that was an added bonus. You can also see that darkened paint on the skirt which is also typical of DAK helments

The pink is always hard to capture in photos. But you can look at this thread linked below to see it sitting next to two other "Tan" helmets. The Pink really pops.

Original Thread - M40 SE64 Luft Pink DAK

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Love the DAK!

MAP
    ?

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    Love the DAK!
    Hard to see the pink....this shows it off more

(How I get around my self imposed 3 picture limit)

Well mine wont be in the top 50 (TWS helmet has wrecked the curve!! And the SS helmet MAP geez!!), but after a year of a lot of hardships and heartache, I got this 1916 ET64 with a 1917 liner. Looks as if a name has been on the rear at one time. For the first time in a long while I smiled the second I saw it. It was to be.

2021 German Steel Helmet of the year 2021 German Steel Helmet of the year 2021 German Steel Helmet of the year

Some very nice helmets so far! I always enjoy these end of year threads and can’t wait to chip in to the rest.

I don’t think this one will be a gold medalist but its the only helmet I added this year, just a plain and simple ND M42. I do really like the wear to this one however definitely used but still solid overall.

2021 German Steel Helmet of the year2021 German Steel Helmet of the year2021 German Steel Helmet of the year

Added three Germans this year, but this is my favorite. My dad was digging through a pile of patches at the flea market and the seller placed this one down right in front of him. My dad didn't notice it until a friend came by and pointed out the helmet and asked "where'd you find that?" My dad looked up and saw the helmet with his pile of patches leaning against it and the rest was history. Single decal M35 army with some sort of battle damage. Best ABN

Default From felt to steel

Ok, ok..... German but not steel. But for me my one of my best German helmets this year. A Baden 1914 felt Pickelhaube (no steel helmets available a that time).

And at the end of the spectrum a DDR M56 helmet dated 1962 and named.

Cheers Paul

I didn't acquire many helmets this year, but did land a few factory Police helmets, and a "Hairy Bird" Luft Crash Crew piece (something that had eluded me for decades!), but these 2 were my best acquisitions, a captured Ssh39 reissued as a double decal Police helmet, with quite rare decals, and an M42 reverse double decal Legion Speer piece. Oddly enough, I bought these 2 on the same day from Al B. From this thread it is quite apparent that we all had a pretty good year collecting. Let me wish you all a Happy and HEALTHY 2022! Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2021 German Steel Helmet of the year   2021 German Steel Helmet of the year  

2021 German Steel Helmet of the year   2021 German Steel Helmet of the year  

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast