MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Acid damaged decal?

Article about: Hi all This helmet (to me) looks fairly original and decent but I was wondering what's happened to the eagle decal. I've seen a lot scraped off after the war for obvious reasons but this one

Default Acid damaged decal?

Hi all

This helmet (to me) looks fairly original and decent but I was wondering what's happened to the eagle decal. I've seen a lot scraped off after the war for obvious reasons but this one is quite strange as it looks washed out?

Just found it quite interesting..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Acid damaged decal?   Acid damaged decal?  

Acid damaged decal?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Acid damaged decal?
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

Not the most helpful pictures really but first impression is that it looks like the helmet was repainted at some point and then both decals were dug out rather poorly.

Cheers,
    Terry

Someone gone crazy with a brillo pad more like it!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Agree. Definitely scrubbed
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Perhaps optical effect that the bottom of the shield is more round than normal or result of the scrubbing ?

MAP
    ?

There is so little left to be able to make a determination with these photos
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A shame really, the lid itself has no dings and looks to be in good shape.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE