Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

additional pickups from seller of Heer M42

Article about: Bought this Luftwaffe M42 ckl 62 from the same guy I bought the Heer M42 from. This stuff was brought back by a member of the RCHA in 1945. He had already sold before I saw them an SS helmet

?

Default additional pickups from seller of Heer M42

additional pickups from seller of Heer M42additional pickups from seller of Heer M42additional pickups from seller of Heer M42additional pickups from seller of Heer M42additional pickups from seller of Heer M42Bought this Luftwaffe M42 ckl 62 from the same guy I bought the Heer M42 from. This stuff was brought back by a member of the RCHA in 1945. He had already sold before I saw them an SS helmet. First instincts were it must be a fake but now not so sure. !!!! I also picked up a fur cap which I will post later as I don't know what it is. Chin strap on the Luft M42 was the white cord which I removed. Should I leave it on as it may be a field repair.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture additional pickups from seller of Heer M42   additional pickups from seller of Heer M42  

additional pickups from seller of Heer M42  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement additional pickups from seller of Heer M42
    P
    Many

This looks like a nice Luftwaffe M42 to me - based on the liner it looks like it was worn, but not excessively as it is not too badly stretched.
    Can you make out the Lot number? Looks to start 233? Shame the adler is missing it's head.
    These are my first impressions but I may be wrong so best to wait for other opinions.
    Nick

?

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    This looks like a nice Luftwaffe M42 to me - based on the liner it looks like it was worn, but not excessively as it is not too badly stretched.
    Can you make out the Lot number? Looks to start 233? Shame the adler is missing it's head.
    These are my first impressions but I may be wrong so best to wait for other opinions.
    Nick
    Hi Nick, It is hard to make out , a light strike on the lower half. It looks like only 3 digits also

From what can be seen they both look good to me. Would toss the "string" away. There were plenty of straps available war time. This was most likely collector installed

?

As Nick says, superb condition liner and a very nice helmet all round.
    True, it is a bit of a pity the Adler has lost his face, but it’s honest damage and there’s no reason it shouldn’t have been hit there as anywhere else!
    I think I’d be inclined to keep an eye out for a good, original chinstrap, of suitable condition and date, and replace the nylon cord. It’s difficult to imagine the cord as a legitimate, period replacement - more likely added post-war to hang it on a wall (that said, I’m the type to keep the cord tucked inside the helmet, just in case the veteran himself added it to hang on his wall)!
    I know... sentimental ol’ fool, me.

Very nice catch,
    Bob

I think the Lot numbers should be 4 digits - if this is the case then I suspect it would be 233x
    If it is, then it would still fall within the range of helmets with decals.
    This information was found on the helmet Lot number database here: German Helmet Vault – Collecting German WW2 helmets

I believe it is 2 different helmets. The first shown is the CKL68 ND heer.
    The last 3 pics are the decaled Luft M42. There are no liner or lot# pics shown of the Luft 62

?

Quote by real steel View Post
    I believe it is 2 different helmets. The first shown is the CKL68 ND heer.
    The last 3 pics are the decaled Luft M42. There are no liner or lot# pics shown of the Luft 62
    Al of the photos are of the Luftwaffe M42

Sorry !!
    The first few pics the inside looked green & the size stamp (to me) looked like CKL68.

Hi, a nice helmet, you have done very well and it is great that you know the vets history as well, all adds to the appeal of the helmets. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast