Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Afrika Korp pith helmet help

Article about: Hi , could I have opinions on this pith helmet recently seen for sale at stoneleigh I believe the goggles are original but not sure of the helmet after comparing to a couple of others at the

Default Afrika Korp pith helmet help

Hi , could I have opinions on this pith helmet recently seen for sale at stoneleigh I believe the goggles are original but not sure of the helmet after comparing to a couple of others at the showAfrika Korp pith helmet helpAfrika Korp pith helmet helpAfrika Korp pith helmet helpAfrika Korp pith helmet helpAfrika Korp pith helmet helpAfrika Korp pith helmet helpAfrika Korp pith helmet helpAfrika Korp pith helmet help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrika Korp pith helmet help
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

Helmet itself appears original but the top vent piece is missing the cloth covering. You need to look inside to see if the badges have all the prongs and no extra holes. A good closeup photo of each badge is needed to confirm they are original. What is the price? These felt ones are not as valuable as the canvas ones to most collectors.

Cheers,
    Terry

PM sent.

Bill
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

Thank you for your opinion the price being asked is £275 including the goggles it wasn’t possible to see the badge prongs as they were covered by the lining cloth which wasn’t so with others I examined at the show ( although these were canvas covered type )

Hi , thanks, the badge prongs were covered by the lining cloth so wasn’t able to see and as I wasn’t really sure on the item I decided to not purchase